Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incra 1000SE Miter Gauge

The jointech should be better for around $300.00 delivered.

2. What does a jointech sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bureau View Post
    I have the SE and a jointech. The jointech wins hands down. you can use the stop at any angle without resettiing.
    But at $260, shouldn't you really compare the Jointech to the Incra 5000? I wonder how it fares compared to that. Also, does the JTech have a drop off sled?

Thats a fair price, just buy it you will never regret it. Excellent tool!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Patel View Post
    But at $260, shouldn't you really compare the Jointech to the Incra 5000? I wonder how it fares compared to that. Also, does the JTech have a drop off sled?
    yes, but even the 5000 doesnt do what the jointech does. The jointechs stop is accurate in any angle and the end of the backrest or what ever you want to call it is always at the edge of the blade. the jointech has a sled on the right side of the blade.

Dave

Some mistakes are just too much fun to only make once!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Esh View Post
    It's a great tool except for the number of adjustments that require a hex key. For example having to dig out a hex key simply to adjust the telescoping fence is ridiculous IMO. First thing I did was replace a few of those with knurled equivalents. Hard to figure how they missed that given the obvious engineering effort that went into it.
    I replaced them with the adjustable lever handles. never had a problem with them, also trimmed the fence at a 45º for more support closer to the blade on angle cuts
    Happy Sawdust
    Dale

I found the anodized extruded aluminum so slippery that I had to face my Incra with wood. It especially slipped when cutting dados.

Love mine as well.
    Once the miters are adjusted, it doesnt have any play in it at all.
    Great product.
    GET ONE NOW!!!
    Wishes-
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor

Get it and be done with it...as with most Incra products!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

It's garbage...don't get it....

(from the guy who has a garage full of Incra and loves them....)
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Finally pulled the trigger. $104 shipped from AMZN. Can't wait. Cursed Ground Shipping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Esh View Post
    Of course it did, but I still had to go get it, dig it out of a pocket, remember where it was, or whatever. It's only a minor and easily resolved annoyance - but so easy they should have thought of it.
    Mine fits perfectly in and has found a home in the U-channel that connects my front rail to the saw body. Lays there 24/7 out of the way and ready for whenever it might be needed.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

Get a magnet strip and hang it near your saw. Then hang the screwdriver/hex head on it. Then you will have the proper tool at your disposal.

This has replaced my nice, custom made sled as well. It gathers dust. Can't bring myself to dismantle it though.

Received, installed, love it

Got it this weekend installed. Easy as pie to set up. Boy, I see what everyone's talking about. It's a great tool. I find it extremely accurate.