Thread: Grizzly Bandsaw G0513 Question

Grizzly Bandsaw G0513 Question

I was resawing some maple today and when I finished, my guidepost refused to budge. I can't get it to move at all. Has anyone else had this problem? I called Grizzly technical service, and he didn't have any ideas. He said he would schedule a callback, but honestly I don't want to wait. And it didn't sound like he had much of an idea about how to fix it.

The bandsaw is a G0513 and it is about three months old. It has been lightly used thus far. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to troubleshoot this?

I am assuming you did loosen the lock down knob?

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    I am assuming you did loosen the lock down knob?
    Yes, it is all in proper order. Everything was working fine, and then it completely locked after I was done resawing. If I try to raise it at all it is completely stuck. If I really crank on it it will barely move down, but just a little. But before it was moving really smoothly.

The tech guy and I ran through all of the normal fixes, but everything checked out.

I have it figured out. The rack is out of alignment in relation to the worm gear. Or vice versa. I should be able to figure it out from here... Famous last words

Whewwwww! Glad you got some direction!