Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creek Waders Weekend Accomplishments.

RE: Creek Waders Weekend Accomplishments.

Well, got most of the list done, but not the important part...

Saturday, shuffled through the morning doing daddy time, and a trip to HD. Afternoon spent finishing the plumbing for the shower and re-hanging the greenboard for the surround (will just need to prime and then glue up the surround... an end in sight).

Sunday, disappointed because the weather didn't work out for the Flea-market, but ended up finding a great nursery in Petaluma (4 cities south, and LOML was happy) and stumbled upon a yard sale where we picked up a great haul (12-15 pieces, some matching sets) of wrought iron fru-fru and a folding steel bench for LOML and two pieces of glass for me. One of the pieces 2'x3' 1/2" thick will be for a scary sharp station and for lapping planes. The other one I don't know what I'm going to do with yet but it is 3'x3' and 3/4"thick... I just couldn't pass it up... oh, yeah it cost me a whopping $22 (LOML and I were expecting 60-80)
    After that went to my parent's house, handed LOML and LOML Jr. off to Nana, and went out into the shop with my Dad and got the shell on the utility cabinet, cleaned up a saw handle, and put the first coat of Tung oil on it (this is only the 3rd time in my life that I using a finish that doesn't have the word Paint on the can)
    Sat down to a great (early) St Patty's Day family dinner (Corned Beef and Cabbage with my mom's soda bread from my GGGrandmother's recipe, born and raised in County Donegal)

The important part that didn't get done is the newest addition to the family... He's stayin' where it's warm... Can't say as I can blame him, I am just looking forward to meeting him.

All in all (to quote a true gentleman and a scholar) "A ROCKIN' GOOD WEEKEND"
    for what its worth,

Matt

Pretty Weekend

It was a really nice weekend here in Indiana, in the 70's! I had a lot to do and my wife left with the oldest daughter for a week of visiting her family in NC, VA & DC. So I get to be Mr. Mom this week along with starting a new job assignment at work, unfortunately it is now a 30 minute commute instead of 5 min,

I did get a chance to throw open the doors on the shop for a while on Sunday while the kids entertained themselves. I'm working on a 4' pine bench for my sister to use at school (late Christmas present!).

That's about it. Not much time for Forums this week. Have a good week everybody!
    Mac

Wanted to post yesterday, too busy..

Well, I DIDN'T do any motorcycling. harrumph.

Spent part of Saturday gathering some landscaping supplies and info, then picking, shoveling, and screening dirt. Soon I'll have a paver patio.

I'd planned on finishing it up Sunday, but woke up to the steady drip, drip, drip of dihydrous oxide relocating from the atmosphere to the ground. Nuts! No motorcycling for Sunday. (Las Vegas roads are NASTY slippery when it rains.) Didn't feel like swinging the pick in the rain either.

So, I finished up two cabinet slide-outs for my kitchen island. I'd only started them 4+ months ago, then they'd languished. All done now.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Caught the momma of head/chest colds. Still feeling like I took on the entire Chicago Bears defensive line.

On Friday I managed to take a young fella (11 years old) from my church to the Chantilly, VA WW show. His dad is with the USAF and is over with the gulf troops. The young man had a great time. We saw Marc Adams cut dovetails by hand. Now he wants to try
    Last edited by Jim Stastny; 03-18-2003 at 4:03 PM.
    Jim Stastny ~ Damascus, Maryland
    A poor workman blames his tools