Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bottom of the page default

Any ideas why this is happening?

I am having the same issue and it is driving me crazy.

Hey Sonny...play that music again..... mine takes me back to where I was at the time I viewed the thread. In this thread's case, it took me back near the top of the New Posts listing I had pulled up.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Oooo..... That was happening to me too (Safari/OSX.5) but only when I clicked on the "general" forum link from the home page. But after I read this thread it stopped.... Twilight zone?
    David DeCristoforo

Nothing has changed here.

Browsers generally maintain your viewing spot when you use the Back button.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

It's doing it to me also. When I open the General Woodworking Forum, (not go back) it takes me to the lower right of the page (active members area).

Ed

No problems here.

Firefox

It started with me this week also. A real nuisance. Not happening on other forums I visit. Hopefully it correct.

Not sure if any changes have been made or not, but this morning my browser (ie7) is behaving normally again with this forum.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Nothing has changed here.

Browsers generally maintain your viewing spot when you use the Back button.
    Seems we have two threads on this problem in this forum now.

Just to clarify for those that aren't having the problem: When I move forward into a thread, it jumps to the bottom of the page. I expect it to go to the bottom when I back up, but this is when moving forward, as well as backward.

Also, it's all the way to the very bottom; I always jump to the next page with the last few of posts of the current page in view. When this unexplained jump to the bottom occurs, because of my display resolution, there aren't any of the last posts on the new page in view. It is literally all the way to absolute end of the page.

Only the thread pages do this, it never mis-behaves on index pages. Edit: I'm wrong, it's doing this on index pages as well.

And I hang out is several forums, some I been visiting for several years, and this is the only one ever did this.
    Last edited by Rick Steverson; 02-14-2009 at 8:26 AM.

I also have had this problem for awhile. When I open a thread in the General Woodworking forum then go back to the General Woodworking thread listing it takes me to the bottom of the page. At hgome and at work IE6

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rick Steverson View Post
    Just to clarify for those that aren't having the problem: When I move forward into a thread, it jumps to the bottom of the page. I expect it to go to the bottom when I back up, but this is when moving forward, as well as backward.
    That sounds like the kind of thing that happens when the forum is in a "frame" or "frameset" ... I've seen it on sites using Joomla or other content management systems where they use a frame to incorporate their forums or Amazon.com storefronts. SMC isn't a frame normally, but I wonder if there's a browser setting that would duplicate this behavior.