Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: coming soon G0661 review

Mike, mine still slows like that. It does seem like a brake almost dont it? Well, any which way, its a good thing in my book. The faster the blade stops after power off, the better.

Other Jim, glad to hear they got the screw issue fixed on the fence. If you are still using yours maybe you could give everyone a better feel for your likes + dislikes on the fence?

As far as rip goes, my Vega is shifted to the right, gives me about 8" + 56". It is supposed to be a 50", but the rails are like 72" so you can squeeze a little more out of it. I dont use that much rip very often, a 30 would be fine most of the time. Mostly it is just nice to be able to push the fence out of the way to use the miter gauge, instead of taking it off all the time.

For sheet stock, I have a 50" flat bar clamp from MLCS. Boomer red here
    http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...mer_clamp.html

On the dust hookup, I found it easiest to get to with the blade all the way up and motor cover off reaching through the side and bottom.

Dust deputy is out right now, my other project is taking what money and time I have. 1978 Cherokee Chief, soon to be a 1ton on 38" tires with very little lift. Vroom vroom.

Jim

Dimming the lights at start-up is perfectly normal for a 2HP induction motor (my Laser Printer dims the lights of my home office every single time I send a print job). This is because of the surge current that the equipment draws at the start up (this is called as "switching-surge", every single electrical equipment shows this trait, even the light bulbs, except that most equipments' switching surge current is not big enough to dim lights and hence is not noticed). One way you can avoid switching surge is use a Sort Starter. What it does is applies the voltage to the equipment gradualy from 0 to full volts over a period of a few seconds (instead of appying the full voltage right at the start-up). This is not only eliminates surge current, but also prolongs life of the equipment since it is not subjected to the stress produced by the surge current. You should be able to find a suitable soft starter at any store that sales motors, generators, phase converters, etc.

Just a little update.....Hard to believe I have had this saw 5 years now.

Saw is still doing great, cuts everything I have thrown at it without hesitation.
    Still seams surprisingly powerful for a 110V motor.
    No vibration or any issues at all.

Would definitely buy again.

Jim