Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for New Product Idea's for Lasering

Lightbulb Looking for New Product Idea's for Lasering

I have an Eplilog 45 Watt Legend 36EXT. I have been in business for 2 years and have lasered stone (marble & granite), laser tile, wooden plaques, converting scroll saw patterns to vector cutting for wild life silouettes and collector plates. We have done memorials, glasses, plastics. I am looking for new idea's to try.
    If anyone out there has any idea's that I can try, I would appreciate it. You can visit our website at etchedinstone4you.com to check out some of the products we offer.
    Let me know your imput. Thanks, Bob
    Last edited by Mike Null; 02-04-2009 at 9:12 PM. Reason: removed link

Hey Bob that really is some nice stuff that you have there, nice website too. I think that you are actually probably doing more than most people are doing already. The only thing that you haven't mentioned there is rubber stamps and material. I think it has to be down to your customer requirements. Incidently the clipart that you are using is really nice.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Robert

Great looking website. Especially the gunstocks.

Sorry to remove the link but our rules do not permit the OP to post his own links.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Sorry to remove the link but our rules do not permit the OP to post his own links.
    Hey Mike,

That's not fair.

You peeked then removed the link.

Can I remind Bob that he can add his "Home Page" to his Profile then we can all get a peek.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Dave, it's in there, read his first post. It's just not a link.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Dave, it's in there, read his first post. It's just not a link.
    DUH!! {slapping forehead and rolling eyes}

Sorry Mike.

Thanks Scott, I blame old age and not enough coffee for the day yet.

Thanks

[edit]
    I can get to see anything. Using Firefox I get a black marble page and using IE I get a beige marbled page with the comment from IE, "Done but with errors in the page."
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Dave Johnson29; 02-05-2009 at 9:09 AM. Reason: Can't see the page.
    Dave J

Very nice work, Robert. The site loaded fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Hey Bob that really is some nice stuff that you have there, nice website too. I think that you are actually probably doing more than most people are doing already. The only thing that you haven't mentioned there is rubber stamps and material. I think it has to be down to your customer requirements. Incidently the clipart that you are using is really nice.
    Frank,
    Thanks for the positive feed back. Everyone seems to like what they see. I just would like to see them "buy". Keep me in mind.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Robert

Great looking website. Especially the gunstocks.

Mike,
    Sorry, didn't realize I couldn't post my website. How can I post it (legally)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnson29 View Post
    Hey Mike,

That's not fair.

You peeked then removed the link.

Can I remind Bob that he can add his "Home Page" to his Profile then we can all get a peek.
    Hi Dave,
    Sorry you couldn't see the website. Haven't heard from anyone that they could not view before. Do you have RoadRunner or something like that? Anyway, thanks for your humor. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rumancik View Post
    Very nice work, Robert. The site loaded fine for me.
    Richard,
    Thanks for the positive comment.

Bob

Robert,
    Really nice work! I especially like the stuff you have under your specials tab. The Dolphin one is awesome, at first I actually thought that the metal and wood were real and I thought just the center was the granite, then I took a second look and realized the whole thing is etched right? WOW it really pops. They say ready to hang, can I ask what you are using on the back to hang something this heavy? I noticed your sort of in my neck of the woods too (I'm about 10 miles north of West Point)
    Jackie McGowan
    25W Pinnacle Mercury CO2 Laser

"Don't believe everything you think."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, really nice stuff! I've never done that type of work, mostly I do signs. Are you using Photograv to achieve a high quality image like those?
    Last edited by bob pfohler; 02-07-2009 at 4:47 AM.

An Idea to try

Been doing alot of shells for a customer down the road from me she makes these into wearable jewelry, small shells with Japanese Symbols on them like love friendship and that sort of deal to bigger shells with photograved images on them. Thing about shells is once lasered the lasered area becomes porous and liquid Skuff stuff or other types of boot polish can be rubbed onto the shell then the excess removed from the shell. Only the porous area retains the nugget looks fantastic will take some pictures of the next batch.. Just a thought and a different type of gift idea.

Trevor Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gauntt View Post
    Sorry you couldn't see the website.
    Hi Bob,

Adobe strikes again. I downloaded the latest Flash player 10.something.something and I got to see it. Nice stuff.
    Dave J