Thread: LED Light Bases

LED Light Bases

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 10 inch LED light base that will hold a piece of 8x10 (landscape) acrylic? Vy-tek is currently out of stock.

LED base

I make my own from plywood and exotic overlay
    the LED strip I use is 12 inch long 5/16 in wide
    the base comes out to be 2.25 wide and 14 inch long
    the acrylic I use is 11.5 wide x 6mm thick.
    I cut all on the laser and then sand
    you need the files
    ken
    Epilog Laser, CNC equipment, Corel X3 & 4, Aspire

I bought LED strips on a roll off eBay for about $90.00 for about 18 feet. 3 LED's every 2.5 inches. You can cut them in 3 LED sets and it just powers from a 12 VDC source. I am planning to start making my own bases and play around with the plastic.

Got Red, Blue, and 2 White.

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Hertzog View Post
    you need the files
    ken

Are you teasing us Ken?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

not teasing

I have the drawings in DXF format
    I will post them later this evening
    have to go to the shop to copy them
    ken

all base parts 12 in.dxf

base cover parts 12 in.dxf

if directions or assembly help is needed let me know
    main base plywood is .25 inch cover thickness .125 inch
    check to make sure cover width is same thickness of acrylic insert
    Last edited by Kenneth Hertzog; 02-02-2009 at 7:01 PM. Reason: attach files
    Epilog Laser, CNC equipment, Corel X3 & 4, Aspire

Check them out.

These guys have just about everything.
    http://www.ikonicsimaging.com/
    you have to create an account to go to their e-store. They have been really helpful with me. They are a little pricy.

One place to get leds of all kinds is from www.besthongkong.com/. I have purchased from them in the past without any problems. Good selection and best prices I have found on most items.
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

Oh your gonna have fun with these. Is this the waterproof Kind (domed) ?

Quote Originally Posted by AL Ursich View Post
    I bought LED strips on a roll off eBay for about $90.00 for about 18 feet. 3 LED's every 2.5 inches. You can cut them in 3 LED sets and it just powers from a 12 VDC source. I am planning to start making my own bases and play around with the plastic.

Got Red, Blue, and 2 White.

AL

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

[quote=Kenneth Hertzog;1039643]have to go to the shop to copy them

Haha.....thanks Ken
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Christen View Post
    One place to get leds of all kinds is from www.besthongkong.com/. I have purchased from them in the past without any problems. Good selection and best prices I have found on most items.
    I had checked them out but for the same 16.4 foot or 500 cm reel that I paid $90.00 for on eBay he is charging $150.00.

Good source to know.

I have one epoxy coated red and the rest are not coated. I have Epoxy Dome stuff so I will dome the finished base to protect the LED's.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Thanks guys for all the information. I do appreciate it. I was able to find what I was looking for from a place in AZ. Does anyone know of the ones that Vy-tek sales? Does anyone purchase these bases or do the majority make your own? Don't know if I'm allowed to post this, correct me if I'm not allowed, but we are considering getting these in bulk for resale if anyone is interested. If you are interested in other items, let me know. Again, thanks for the information each one of you submitted.