Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pictures of a Salem Secretary I built in school - Thomas MacDonald

showing

thanks guys some of the stuff you say is kinda funny...but listen..i know if you had the time and help i did you could do it....but anyway....i was asked to be an exhibitor this year at the boston home show 2-26--3-1 i will have a ton of my work on display including the blockfront....i hope to some representing the SMC can make it to the show....
    Last edited by Thomas MacDonald; 02-04-2009 at 9:00 AM.

You know, I was thinking of building a far less ambitious secretary, but now I agree with the wife and will get the over priced thing from pottery barn! :-)

Seriously, that is perfect and you should be very proud.

New England Home Show

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas MacDonald View Post
    thanks guys some of the stuff you say is kinda funny...but listen..i know if you had the time and help i did you could do it....but anyway....i was asked to be an exhibitor this year at the boston home show 2-26--3-1 i will have a ton of my work on display including the blockfront....i hope to some representing the SMC can make it to the show....
    I went to the New England Home Show last Saturday, mainly to see some of Thomas' work in person. He had the Bombe and Salem's Secretaries, as well as many other pieces, including a breath taking bedroom set of his own design, made out of curly cherry. Seeing all those things in person was really impressive. I was even able to hold one of the Bombe's drawers (only for a few seconds, before I got too nervous about dropping it and ending up in debt for life ) and see the beautiful work on the dovetails and the curve of the dront. Eli (Tommy's friend) told me that the whole piece came from a single huge mahogany board!

Simply outstanding!

Most impressive. Most of us like to call ourselves woodworkers, but we are really sawdust makers with some skill (or luck, depending on how you define it). You however, are very talented and a certified woodworker.
    I look forward to any future posts on building this or any other piece of furniture.

Regards, Colin
    Where's the beef.

Hi, I make sawdust for fun...occasionally it magically transforms itself into something useful.

This is art...detailed to the last...simply awesome!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.