Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GRR-Ripper

At last years WW show I bought the super thin side for my gripper. I plan to buy another in Febuary.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have three, two for the tablesaw,which I use for almost every cut. I think they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Boger View Post
    I did a search here on the "GRR-Ripper" to get some feedback on it, seems like about 50% love it and 50% did not really use it much. I had a close call on a kick back recently which got my attention and started my interest in a safer way to push thin strips through my TS.

Anyone here want to sell me a used set of these "GRR-Rippers that your not using?

I'd also appreciate advise / opinions regarding this issue.

Thanks,
    Tim

Hmmmm.....did a search of the forums about the GRRipper. Sure doesn't appear to me that the For and Against it groups are split 50/50.
    I'd venture to say a lot more like than dislike it.
    And I'm one of them.

Morning all,

With the number of replies here the general opinion seems to be on the "I like um" side of the fence.

I would like to try them out, Woodcraft has a special on them currently and I'll probably order up 1 or 2 this weekend if a used set doesn't turn up.

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far,
    Tim

Add another vote to the 'I like um' column.

Thank you Don!

Enjoy your weekend, I work Saturdays and have Sunday and Monday off .... no saw dust today I'm afraid.

Tim

Another for the the 'I like it' crowd. No complaints other than keep on eye on those little rubber gromets.

I have only one but I would like another one. I use it on the jointer, router table and table saw. For the table saw, I only use it for short thin pieces. If I had two, I might use them more on the table saw. I would also agree that more people like them than dislike them.

I now have four, all the super duper deluxe models. I bought Bill Hubers' last month: thanks Bill!

I use the Grippers for nearly all my table saw cuts. They have a nice instructional video that explains very well how to use it properly for best results. There is a learning curve, but once you absorb the information the tool becomes your best friend at the table saw. My use of push sticks is pretty much relegated to the band saw.

As for those who feel uncomfortable running their hands over the blade, I prefer to have downward pressure on both sides of the cut. I have not heard of nor am I aware of kickback occurring when a grripper is used correctly.
    Trees. Tools. Time.

+1 in the like them category... I have two. Use them mainly on the TS and router table... HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    I bought some used off of fellow creekers, and I really like mine. But there is a thread floating around here about someone who made his own. You might want to check out that possibility too.
    My search-fu must be weak today. Can anybody else find it?

12. I use them all the time for smaller cuts. It takes a couple of seconds to adjust them. If you swap sides on the leveler, it may take a bit longer (just two screws).

+1 for the love 'em category. I also have two, which is more than twice as good as having one. Well worth it for me. I feel much safer, especially on the TS.

I like the one I have. I don't use it much on the TS but I do like to use it on the router table. I need to get another one.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Porter Bassett View Post
    My search-fu must be weak today. Can anybody else find it?
    Here it is...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ght=GRR-Ripper