Thread: Braille Plugin for ShopBot

Braille Plugin for ShopBot

I had a request to migrate the Braille plugin to directly generate ShopBot part files, for those folks without CorelDraw.

I have put it on the development schedule, and it should be released early next week.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

It's gonna work in PartWorks and Aspire ???? Or is there another plan

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

If there is any interest in have a solution that works with PartWorks or Aspire, I'll be glad to work on that. For now, the plan is to have a program which directly generates .SBP files (ShopBot Part Files), based on a couple of parameters.
    _Aaron_

Aaron,
    What about a way to output pdf files so that I could import them directly into Vcarve pro? Or any program for that matter... I can tell Vcarve to drill holes where the dots are as long as they are spaced correctly.

I have a possible job coming up and would need to merge the sign data in Corel, cut the letters and then drill and place the braille balls.

Gary

After using the braille plugin, you can "save as" in Corel, or "publish to pdf".
    _Aaron_

I received a PM about modifying this program to support CAM-Master routers. I'm sure this can be done easily if there is interest, either G-Code or another language specific to CAM-Master, if it has one.
    _Aaron_

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    I had a request to migrate the Braille plugin to directly generate ShopBot part files, for those folks without CorelDraw.

I have put it on the development schedule, and it should be released early next week.
    Aaron,

I have CorelDraw X4 and X7.
    I am running a Gravograph IS6000 Engraver that has Grade II Braille functionality installed.

I have a $10K project that needs to get finished and is a week late because of a proprietary equipment failure: the control board keeps blowing chips, drivers and motor controllers. I want to build a generic box to run LinuxCNC or Mach3, but need to be able to send the g-code files to LinuxCNC or Mach3, to run the engraver.

My Universal M-360 Laser and the IS6000 Engraver BOTH run print drivers to send instructions to their respective machines (set up as printers in the windows system).
    The IS6000 runs it through their Gravostyle 98 software, after setting up the "printer."
    The Universal M-360 Laser runs through CorelDraw after setting up the "printer." ALL of my ADA Components and Raised Text are run through CorelDraw to the Universal M-360 Laser.

I really like the looks of your Braille GSM macro. Is there any way to have it send print commands from CorelDraw, to the generic engraver control software like LinuxCNC or Mach3? This would be HUGE!

Best regards,
    Dave Ramer