Thread: Engraving for Masons - awards or similar

1. Engraving for Masons - awards or similar

I am looking for ideas to suggest to a potential client. He wants me to engrave a Masonic cane for an awards dinner and also asked what other ideas I might be able to offer him.

I suspect there are people out there with some experience engraving for Masons. (?)

An acrylic trouser-leg clip. hehehe.

Plates, glasses, place settings...anything to do with large dinners is good. Also trophies for fundraising activities. And anything you can get masonic logos onto.
    EDIT: Ornate table centrepieces. Do a search on the board for edge-lit acrylic.
    Last edited by Darren Null; 11-15-2007 at 10:27 AM.

Okay - don't throw anything at me... This may sound like a joke, but I did it locally and it works well...

The MASON jars with the handles. I put the mason logo on the side and it worked great. You can get them for a couple bucks each - since they are three flat sides and a handle side, they give you about a 3X4 inch space that you can etch as a flat panel (no rotator required). They liked the irony of 'Mason on Mason'... I've also put the OES logo on there for the ladies - not sure, but I believe that's the auxillary organization for the masons... Sorry for limited knowledge of the Masons - I'm a Knight of Columbus....

You can get them from AceMart.com or Marck Glass.

Another option is to get the Mason 2" Enamel Disk from Classic-Medallics.com they go over well and you can put them on lots of items to add color to almost anything...
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

I have a client who is a mason and makes gavels and plaques to hold them that he sells to his and other lodge members. I engrave the plaques he provides with the recipient's information (an appreciation-for-service statement) on the plaque.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Null View Post
    An acrylic trouser-leg clip. hehehe
    ..........LOL
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I am a Master Mason with a lodge in Californian. Our lodge has in the past been using crummy jpeg. artwork for engraving their awards and such. Now that I am in the business, I am looking for vector files of the Masonic square and compass and any other Masonic related artwork. I am also looking for Eastern Star, Jobs Daughters, and DeMolay vector files. They all seem to be behind the times when if comes to having the right artwork. Thanks a bunch, David.
    David James

Quote Originally Posted by David James View Post
    I am a Master Mason with a lodge in Californian. Our lodge has in the past been using crummy jpeg. artwork for engraving their awards and such. Now that I am in the business, I am looking for vector files of the Masonic square and compass and any other Masonic related artwork. I am also looking for Eastern Star, Jobs Daughters, and DeMolay vector files. They all seem to be behind the times when if comes to having the right artwork. Thanks a bunch, David.
    Try this David..
    http://www.vector-logos.com/result-ru.html?search=mason
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Masonic Items

I've made custom pen boxes and pens as well as pocket watches
    All with the masonic enblem and lodge info.
    pens and pocket watches were made with blue acrylic

ken
    Epilog Laser, CNC equipment, Corel X3 & 4, Aspire

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Hertzog View Post
    I've made custom pen boxes and pens as well as pocket watches
    All with the masonic enblem and lodge info.
    pens and pocket watches were made with blue acrylic
    ken
    Pictures speak more than a thousand words.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

pictures

Frank

I'll see what I can find
    Haven't done any for a while

ken
    Epilog Laser, CNC equipment, Corel X3 & 4, Aspire

These aren't good art but you can get an idea from them.

http://mastermason.com/clipart/images/misc/misc.html
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Type in Masonic Gifts in google and you'll find a days work going through them.

One of the larger one's appears to be :

http://www.freemasonstore.com/index.php

A lot of promotion level things on there. Lots of imprinted items or silkscreened. Might give you some ideas.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.