Thread: Matching PM paint color

Matching PM paint color

I recall several folks making accessories for their Powermatic lathes, and then painting to a close match. Anyone who has done this or recalls the paint, I would appreciate some info. Did you find a spray paint that closely matched, find a chip for a brush-on color that matched, or had the guy in the paint store do a custom mix?
    Thanks, JS

PM paint

I called Powermatic in TN and they sent me a free spray can for touch up on my mustard.

Ted

John,
    I took my Mustard Monster tool rest to H.D., and had them put the color match gun on it at their mixing station and it was very close. They then added a few more squirts of the same colors used to try to match it the first time and it was extremely close. I use the paint for touch-up and also to paint homemade rests.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

PM Paint

John,
    If one of the free methods doesn't work, you can buy spray cans of OEM PM paint from www.osolnikmachinery.com.
    Kurt

Got some for you

I have some ,John, left over from repainting my own model"C". I'll bring it to the next woodturners meeting.
    TB

TB, I was looking for a little closer match than what you got on the Model C. (For the other SMC folks, Thomas painted his a pretty disgusting royal blue)