Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bombing Mr. Torres

Bump........

We aren't letting this one slide too far out of view.....

After all...it is getting closer to Monday.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Oh no I am with you Dennis!

I spent all day to day setting this up,
    100_1013.jpg
    watching videos, received some fallout from the bomb and buying some lumber and other various turning associated stuff.

She's not sliding...
    I am lock!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Dewey - looks great .......but, I find that I have to move the V-arm almost all the way in when using the vari-grind jig to sharpening my bowl gouges. This may not be an issue yet - but it will be. Just something for you to think about while you are waiting for the bomb to drop!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve....not to worry! Dewey is pretty handy. He'll take a ball peen hammer and put a couple holes in the sheetrock!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Dewey - looks great .......but, I find that I have to move the V-arm almost all the way in when using the vari-grind jig to sharpening my bowl gouges. This may not be an issue yet - but it will be. Just something for you to think about while you are waiting for the bomb to drop!
    Ahh man... I was afraid of that. If you look again at the pic you will notice that I just got done building it out from the wall to do away with my old 6" high speed grinder. I moved it out an extra 6 inches by building an extension box. I came up with the 6" by taking my shortest tool (3/8 spindle gouge) and seeing how far it needed to come out from the wall in order for it to reach the wheel. CRRRAPPP!!!!!!

Ok well any one out there have suggestions besides dismantling the whole thing?

Start a new thread?
    Shop made extension arms from wood or tubular steel?
    Order a new arm and cut it short for the vari grind?

I spent too long on this yesterday to tear it all down... time to walk way and think...maybe have a Sunday beverage.

Just goes to show how smart I are
    Dewey

Dewey - you have the grinder all set up - so I would just make a stand for the grinder station, remove the system from the wall and mount to the stand. You can swing the station around when needed or push back against the wall when not needed. I built a stand for mine that put the center of the grinding wheels at around 54" high cause I don't like to bend! Just a suggestion....

Grinder Stand.jpg

This is very 'hi-tech' and made out of scrap lumber and even have a piece of cardboard held to the stand with push-pins to try and control the grinding dust.
    Last edited by Steve Schlumpf; 01-25-2009 at 4:29 PM. Reason: add photo
    Steve

Steve...I believe I know what happened to Dewey...he hears the sound of incoming.....and the swirling of the Vortex is starting make him dizzy and effect his quilibrium. Not to worry Dewey....it will pass.....when the credit card bills start arriving you will find you feet firmly planted on the ground.
    Ken

Dewey,
    Well I see we are up to 4 pages on your new venture! It's great and I have been enjoying all the scuttlebutt. I see your dilemma but certainly like your sharpening stand. I have an old joiner table that I put on wheels to accommodate my set-up, similar to what Steve has. Nothing fancy but I can move it around the shop. Good idea to "think it over" and to have a Sunday beverage might be in order. Not sure how to remedy your situation but we are all looking to see how you solve the problem!
    Enjoy your entrance into the vortex...it's a great thing.
    Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Schmid View Post
    Dewey,
    Well I see we are up to 4 pages on your new venture! It's great and I have been enjoying all the scuttlebutt. I see your dilemma but certainly like your sharpening stand. I have an old joiner table that I put on wheels to accommodate my set-up, similar to what Steve has. Nothing fancy but I can move it around the shop. Good idea to "think it over" and to have a Sunday beverage might be in order. Not sure how to remedy your situation but we are all looking to see how you solve the problem!
    Enjoy your entrance into the vortex...it's a great thing.
    Allen

Thanks,
    It actually has a drawer which was not installed at the time I took the pic but I am off to the shop now to see what I can do to fix it. Wish me luck.
    Dewey

I'd just knock a hole in the wall Dewey.

If you wanted to / are really that anal, you could add one of those desk grommets (you know the things the wires go through) just to dress the hole up.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

OK....today's MONDAY Dewey Senior Sir.!!!

Now....go stand by your front door and wait for the delivery man.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

incoming..........................
    Ken

I hope he has his camera - cause I want to see this!
    Steve

Hiding under your bed won't help Dewey! Get out there and take it like a man, Man!
    Ken

I do and I am home now waiting but I called FEDEX and they can't tell me when it is going to be here. I am here throughout the lunch time frame but after that I have to go back to work. Fingers crossed!
    Dewey