So I just purchased the Earlex Spray Station system. I've recently built a changing table/hutch and a bookcase out of maple. I'm trying to come up with a spray schedule to match the espresso finish on the crib. Man I will never match crap again. It sucks. So the finish on the crib is VERY dark, almost opaque. Barely shows any grain. I'm ok with with the maple showing some grain, I just want to match the color. I got fairly close with the WB general finish dark brown dye, then with the java gel based. Now I'm looking to acheive something close with a spray on. This is what I am thinking:

1.) Sand to 180
2.) Spray on Dye
3.) Seal with some cut of shellaq
4.) Spray on General Finishes Espresso WB stain
5.) Then what?

I'm totally new to this spray stuff. I've gone with a wipe on poly in the past, but am thinking of going with the spray WB ploycrylic now. Can I tone this with the dye? I'm thinking adding the dye a bit to the topcoat my get me that more uniform color, even if the grain of the wood disappears a bit. Again washing some of the grain KILLS me , but I'm sick of arguing with the wife about it She always wins anyway. Also, at what points/grit do you sand with the spray finishes? Any help would be AWESOME.