Thread: "Temporary" Basement Shop Cabinets

"Temporary" Basement Shop Cabinets

I just finished the epoxy floor last night for my shop and have one more wall to build before I embark on shop cabinets. Does anyone have any plans or pictures (perferably of the consturtion) of shop cabinets that could fit through a 36" doorway and be removable? We don't plan on staying in this house forever so I would like them to be removable so I can set them up in the new house.

I have a fairly long wall that I can work with, so I was thinking maybe two sections of cabinets 7'-8' long, with a space in the middle for my SCMS and then putting my RAS at the RH side at the end of the cabinets.

I have stairs as the only exit in the basement so I need to be able to break them down to get them up the stairs (I was thinking maybe 2 or 3 cabinet carcasses screwed together to make the 7' long bank, this will be easy to disassemble). I am thinking something along the lines of Norm's Miter and RAS station, just not permanent. Not sure if anyone had done this before.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Got a Habitat for Humanity nearby? All kinds of neat stuff there.
    Just might find what you're looking for.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Ben,
    Don't have any plans but do have a suggestion, use French Cleats to hang the wall cabinets. To remove all you have to do is remove what is in the cabinets, or not, remove the screws that lock them to the cleats and away they go.
    David B

David's suggestion of French cleats is a good one whether for temporary or "final" cabinets. Makes reorganization much easier.

For cabinets, check with your local kitchen remodeler about saving you the cabinets they pull out. Any time I've spent time creating "temporary" cabinets (or whatever) I end up putting more time, money, and effort into them than I had planned. The local remodeler to me is happy to have them hauled off for free as it saves him the time and expense of busting them up to put in his dumpster.