Thread: Honeydo

Honeydo

My wife wanted a new handle for her Foley Fork (predecessor to Whisk) that she has used since the 60s. I told her I would need a new tool to be able to make a handle. She said get whatever you need. So I did! GRIN

The wood is rosewood from a pen blank and finished with Watco and buffed with tripoli. The old handle, shown, had come loose along with the ferrule. The fork and ferrule are force fit with a little epoxy......Ron

A turning a day keeps the doctor away.

Great job Ron!

What is the new tool?
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Nice work Ron! Did you have to get a new lathe to turn the handle???
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

New Tool

I got another Oneway Talon Chuck. The old one just wasn't up to holding a pen blank! GRIN ......Ron

Oh Ron you are bad. New chuck, roflol. Nice handle by the way.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Ron, Great handle! Also great job sneaking in the new chuck! Now only if I could use that same trick to get a new truck!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Very nice looking handle!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

great job! Now you turn the old handle into a pen for her as in honor of the old handle.

ROFLOL... you got a new Talon chuck to do that? I bow to your greatness Oh Master of the Spin... please teach the rest of us how it's done.

Great job by the way, looks great.. and I like the other idea about turning the old handle into a pen, that would be the icing on the cake...

The pen idea sounds great. Can't tell what kind of wood it is until I start turning it. Let's see...to make a pen I would probably need some new tools, right? ......Ron