Thread: iPod Help

iPod Help

My iPod for some reason now is only playing about 1 minute of a song then goes to the next song. Looked in the settings and I couldn't find anything that would be on that would do this. Anyone have a idea what I could check? First time it ever did this. Tried doing a reset all settings but that didn't help. Thanks for any help.

Peter, press & hold the center & menu buttons for several seconds. This will reset the iPod. I need to do this from time to time.
    You will not loose your songs, playlists, etc.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Peter, press & hold the center & menu buttons for several seconds. This will reset the iPod. I need to do this from time to time.
    You will not loose your songs, playlists, etc.
    Just tried the reset, still doing the same thing. Could this may have been done by iTunes some how?

what model is it?

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    what model is it?
    Classic 5th Gen, 80 GB

Call apple tech support. I've called them a quite a few times, I've never been put on hold, they get to you quickly and they are either american or canadian.
    You can also search or post your problem at apple.com, they have a forum for problems.

Peter, this is from the Apple site. You may have to do it a couple of times.
    I have a 5th gen but it have never done what you are describing and I couldn’t find a scan feature on it. You might have to contact Apple support.

Reset
    To reset your iPod:
    • 1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
    • 2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
    Tip:
    § If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.
    § If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

Andy Rooney

I did a restore and then had to reload all my music again. All went smoothly and it's working normally again. I was hoping for a easier solution or what I did to cause this but what you gonna do huh. Thanks for all the replies.

Too late now, but next time put it to your ear and if there is a clicking noise, she's junk. I'm on iPod number about 8, they don't last too long at work.