PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley is Awesom

Larry Fox
12-26-2008, 7:46 PM
A while ago I ordered a little chamfer guide gizmo that attached to my LV block plane. When I used it, it did not sit flush with the sole of the plane. Thought at the time that it was odd for Lee Valley but, hey, I am a resourceful guy and this seems like something that can (and was) easily fixed by a piece of card stock. 5 minutes and I was off the the races. Well, today there was a letter at my house with a description of the symptom and a pack of shims. I never contacted them about it - the just showed up.

Robin - if you are tuned in here - your cusomer service is awesome. Nicely done.

Ron Jones near Indy
12-26-2008, 8:33 PM
I don't think anyone here will argue against that point. I've thought that for several years.

Larry Fox
12-26-2008, 8:45 PM
Yeah - not a revelation for sure but every once in a while it takes you buy surprise and feel the need to comment. :)

Dave Verstraete
12-27-2008, 9:35 AM
+1 here also. Never been disappointed

Bill White
12-27-2008, 12:08 PM
they stay in business. When ya shuck it down to the cob, it's good product, fair pricing, and good service. How simple is that? Hell, ya can't even find that at HD today. Remember the day when the associates would TAKE you to an item? Now they just point and grunt.
Betcha that doesn't fly w/ Mr. Lee.
Bill

alex grams
12-27-2008, 12:49 PM
I had them send me the large normal vise when I ordered the QR large vise. I called and the expedited shipping on the replacement that day (before they even received the old one in return). Then when they got my old vise back, they sent me a hand addressed/hand written letter confirming their receipt of it, their apology for the error, and thanks for my patience.

I was fairly peeved the wrong vise was sent (I was on a schedule), but they made up for it in their handling of the replacement.

Things like that will make me pay the little more for their products and stay with them as a customer.

Unfortunately, most companies dont 'get' how many customers they lose with cruddy customer service.

Don Dorn
12-27-2008, 4:01 PM
I have spent a little extra money to do business with Lee Valley. Fortunately, I've never had to use the reputed customer service, but I still feel better supporting a company that truly does their very best.

Paul Demetropoulos
12-27-2008, 4:13 PM
Love looking through that beautiful catalog...they have free shipping through Jan. 4th