PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's" - Day After Christmas Edition

Karl Laustrup
12-26-2008, 7:41 AM
Friday December 26, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Recovery day. Or get out there and shop for bargains day. Sounds like there will a lot of them.

How was your Christmas? I hope Santa was good to everyone.:)

Our Christmas involved just LOML, my mom, and me. All the kids and grandkids will be down and we will celebrate on 1/3/09. Hopefully, the weather will co-operate as they have a 3+ hour drive from up north.

After more than our share of snow [it snowed again last night] we are supposed to warm up a wee bit and could even have some rain today and tomorrow. That should throw a monkey wrench into the works, depending on how much rain we get. We have now had over 40 inches of snow for the season and as of yesterday we were only 1 inch from being the snowiest month EVER!!! :eek: We are also almost 20 inches ahead of last year when we had over 100 inches of snow for the season.

I might try and get out to the garage/shop over the weekend with the temps being up a bit. I do really need to get some things done out there. We'll see. ;)

I am guessing that a lot of you have new toyls to try out and can hardly wait to do so. That being the case, let's hear about your new gadgets, widgets and thing-a-ma-bobs that are going to improve the way you enjoy your hobby. :) And what you have planned for the weekend.

Enjoy the weekend and please be careful and SAFE with all your toyls.

Karl

Matt Meiser
12-26-2008, 8:16 AM
Weather cooperating, I have some errands to run today. We are getting some sleet and rain right now so we'll have to see how long that lasts. Tomorrow is my wife's family's Christmas. Sunday I need to get the drawers for the vanity made. Somewhere in there I have an electrical project in the house I need to do.

Kelly C. Hanna
12-26-2008, 10:31 AM
I'll be in the shop making cabinet doors....lots of them. Actually won't get to the assembly today...ripping and routing to start with.

I did get time yesterday to install two of my gifts...one was a set of driving lites for the '70 daily driver...the other was getting my new heater ready to go. That things puts out some heat! I almost can't wait til it gets cold again so I can test it out in the cold shop! Course right now it's 70* in Terrell....I guess I can wait a day or two...:D:D:D

Jim Becker
12-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Normal (but long) weekend...equestrian activities later today and Saturday late morning. Outside of that, I'll be in the shop working on my holiday project....another hall table type construction out of some beautiful English Brown Oak (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=99937). I suspect I'll need to spend some time sharpening, too...

Andy Casiello
12-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm visiting Colorado (we lived in Fort Collins for 10 years, and have family here), so I'll hit up Sears Trostel in Fort Collins, and probably Woodcraft in Loveland. No shop time here though. :(

I gave out my Wood Whisperer copy cuttingboards yesterday, which were a big hit.

http://acasiello.dyndns.org:83/photos/shop/boards.jpg