PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Christmas Tree

Billy Tallant
12-26-2008, 2:41 AM
Sorry for the post not being a "turning" of some sort. But since joining Sawmill this is the main forum that I spend my time in.

My dad has been making belt buckles, bolo ties, knife handles, lamp stands & a variety of bone carvings out of deer/elk antlers. He has several chandeliers in the house made out of elk antlers. This year he decided to make something different for the house. He decided to make a Christmas tree out of elk antlers. So here is the result after being decorated. I missed the before pics so I'm waiting on the tree ornaments coming down so I can get a before picture.

John Terefenko
12-26-2008, 9:33 AM
Oh I see alot of pens and bottle stoppers in that picture. :)

Bernie Weishapl
12-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Billy that is a beautiful tree. Tell your dad well done. Like John I see a lot of pens and bottle stoppers there.:eek::D

Billy Tallant
12-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words...My first thoughts after seeing the tree was; "Dad that tree will last me a long time making pen blanks & such"...He didn't seem to be to agreeable to that idea.:)

But I can't complain. My dad has enough antlers laying around to keep me in pen blanks for a long time.

Steve Schlumpf
12-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Billy - I give your Dad credit for imagination as his tree is one-of-a-kind! Tell him well done and thanks for sharing!

Jeff Nicol
12-27-2008, 6:49 AM
Billy, The tree is out of this world! It makes me mor anxious to get the load of elk and deer anltlers that I am getting nest week! The couple who own the shop in town here where I sell some of my work has a family member who owns a deer and elk farm and I get some of the antlers! I can't wait!!

Tell your Dad to keep up the great creating!

Jeff