PDA

View Full Version : Dentist anecdote

David Klink
06-17-2004, 3:38 AM
Tuesday I went to my dentist for a cleaning. After I was done and setting up my next cleaning, the dentist's receptionist says to him, "Her appointment is next, stay and watch, then you'll believe me." I'm thinking, "What can they be talking about?"

A couple minutes later, an elderly lady comes in wearing a paper bag with a couple of holes in it to see out of. Needless to say, this got a raised eyebrow out of me. He remarks, "Oh my God, you weren't kidding!" She says, "And you didn't believe me."

I called her later, because I had to know what was going on. She proceeded to tell me that the woman was in a little while back needing her dentures refitted. She came back a week later to see if they were done, wearing a paper bag on her head because she didn't want to be seen without them in! They weren't done at the time, and Tuesday was her day to pick them up.

I asked her if she thought she had been going around everywhere with a bag on her head, or if she just shut herself up in the house. She said she didn't know, but she sure wondered.

I couldn't believe it, but I thought it was funny as all get out!

Aaron Koehl
06-17-2004, 9:17 AM
Sounds like a good "A Day in These United States" blurb in Reader's Digest.

David Klink
06-17-2004, 4:46 PM
Sounds like a good "A Day in These United States" blurb in Reader's Digest.
I havn't read RD in so long, I hadn't thought about it. Might have to throw it out there.

Ray Thompson
06-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Sounds like my mom, 81 years old and has had dentures since her early 30's. The only person to ever see her without them was my dad. I asked him about it a few years ago and he said he had only seen her without them once or twice and then by accicent. Ray