PDA

View Full Version : Post PICS of your Christmas gifts here

Dewey Torres
12-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Hello all,
Many were bound to start Holiday Gloat threads I so I thought...why not put them all here for easy viewing?

I will check back in the morning and post mine.

Happy Holidays!

Dave Verstraete
12-25-2008, 9:52 AM
Dewey
Here's my pics. Although you already saw my big surprise, I received a Wixey Digital Readout for my planer.

Merry Christmas to All!!!!!!!!!

Michael L. Martin
12-25-2008, 11:57 AM
I consider myself very fortunate to have received these as gifts. An awl from a local craftsman and a marking knife from Mr. Jeske. Both very nice.
Happy Holidays and hope for a better '09

Chuck Stewart
12-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Here is mine...Craftsman 17" Drill Press...it may be putting stress on my already cramped garage but it's a keeper!

Dennis Peacock
12-25-2008, 4:11 PM
Here's mine "__________________________________"

If it looks empty....it's because my Christmas of physical gifts for me was empty this year. But all that space is in orders of magnitude of family love that we were able to share with our kids this Christmas season.

I am truly blessed to have a family that loves me, cares for me, and loves to spend time with me, bib-overalls and all. :D

Dave Verstraete
12-25-2008, 6:52 PM
Dennis

Your post reminded me to mention the gift my mother gave to me this year!!

Through the Christian Children's Fund, she gave two sheep to a family in Sierra Leone, where I spent 2 years of my life as a Peace Corps Volunteer.

We all have to remember how good we really have it!

Belinda Barfield
12-25-2008, 7:05 PM
Here's mine "__________________________________"

If it looks empty....it's because my Christmas of physical gifts for me was empty this year.

I got the same thing Dennis, only in blue! :D

Jesting aside, I traveled to spend time with my parents, and a side trip to visit an uncle, aunt, and my visiting cousin from Dallas. I have not had the opportunity to see her in several years, so it was a good Christmas. I'm spending the rest of the weekend alone, which is a good time to reflect on how good I truly have it. After multiple medical tests, I have been determined to be in good health, for which I am truly thankful. I'm also thankful for the gifts each of you give to me every day, a cheerful thought, a good joke, a piece of good advice, and just simple friendship. Sorry, Dewey, no gloat pics!

Bonnie Campbell
12-25-2008, 7:24 PM
I think many this year have learned the true meaning of Christmas. It isn't in the material things we could accumulate. Here it's brought home knowing this will be the LOML last Christmas. We have each other though, for how long isn't sure, but I'll always have the memories we've made.

David Christopher
12-25-2008, 8:21 PM
Dewey, beeing in the navy also this was my first christmas at home in 19 years. so that was enough for me

Dave

Don Farr
12-25-2008, 9:00 PM
I had a very wonderful Christmas with wonderful presents but you reminded me Dennis that what is really important is my daughter, grandchildren and the very new LOML that God has so graciously put into my life.

Dewey Torres
12-25-2008, 9:08 PM
Well,
I didn't get any ww gifts either. I was however, home with the Family and had a great holiday Creeker visit so I am very very happy. Also, my father in law found out on xmas eve that the Fed approved GMAC as a finical institution so that was great news for a LOT of folks in the Detroit metro area as well as many of you who have nothing to do with the auto industry. GM lives on.
Happy Holidays!

Jim Becker
12-25-2008, 9:16 PM
Dennis, while there were presents under our tree, you are absolutely right that what made it really special was the four of us being happy together. This was the first Christmas that the girls really handled well, too, which made the day so much more enjoyable. We all even went up to the farm together to hand out carrots to many horses and give Dreamy some attention.

Jim O'Dell
12-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Not much in the way of gifts, as on my wifes side, we draw names. One of my BILs got mine. Didn't have a clue what to get me, thought I had everything so he got me a kitchen sink! :D Pretty funny. We all had a good laugh.
Her Dad did give us some money that will make a really good stab at getting a new dishwasher. Ours died about 2 years ago, and we have been doing without until we got a few other things out of the way, and this seems like a good time to do it.
The BIL mentioned above is the husband of my wife's little sister. They had their new baby with them...one week old. Now that was a special Christmas present!! And Jim B, I don't think I ever mentioned this. But these two grew up about 30 miles from each other, but guess where they met? Yep, Moscow.:eek: Elizabeth was teaching in an English speaking private school there, and doing some work with young lawyers. Not sure why he was over there. :rolleyes: Jim.

Jim Becker
12-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Jim, I know one woman who is teaching English in a private school in St. Petersburg and another who is considering a similar job "as we speak". Both are or have adopted, too. It's a pretty good deal in that housing is usually included...important these days because housing costs in Moscow and St Pete are "really high" for foreigners especially.

Brent Ring
12-26-2008, 10:30 AM
I posted my list in the other GLOAT thread, but I like the theme that this one has taken. My oldest son has been serving a LDS mission in Japan for the past two years and so we have been without him for a couple of Christmases. He was here,and we had all four children at home, and it has been wonderful. We did have some gifts under the tree, and they were wonderful as well, but for me personally, the real meaning that we celebrate Christmas, combined with having my family all together made this one of the best in a long time.:)