PDA

View Full Version : A few more x-mas gifts...

John Grabowski
12-24-2008, 3:46 PM
This is the first time I am posting in this area of the Creek. Most of the work that I have done has been on the lathe. I have been collecting more tools so that I can accomplish more furniture building. So here I am.

Now that people know that I like woodworking and see the things that are around our house, I get a lot of requests for gifts.

I did these clocks (and 4 others in cherry and zebra) for family who loved the one I have on the mantle. The ones pictured are walnut and a really lovely piece of zebrawood. The pen is gold and black stripe blank acrylic from woodcraft in a Bl. Ti Jr Gent.

What do you think? I also made some cutting boards and pepper mills but they packaged and sent before I could photo them.

Thanks for looking,

John G

Bruce Page
12-24-2008, 4:00 PM
I like 'em a lot. The zebra wood really makes them special!

John Keeton
12-24-2008, 4:20 PM
John, you better watch clock making. It can get addictive. Some years ago, I made a simple clock, and before I knew it, we had clocks running out our ears! I gave them away, sold a couple, and still ended up with several. Great way to use up scraps.

These turned out very nice - good combination of woods, and well proportioned.

Jacob Mac
12-24-2008, 5:41 PM
Beautiful, I really like them.

John Thompson
12-24-2008, 5:42 PM
"What do you think"? ...... john I think they look great and especially the contrasting zebra-wood.

Sarge..