PDA

View Full Version : Latest Acrylic jobs...

Stephen Beckham
12-24-2008, 3:18 PM
Having more and more fun cutting and doing things with this acrylic...

I figured how to use clear to lift the black up off of the base by making a negative of the bottom and then glueing them together.... Both black and clear are 1/4" (+/- their tolerance thicknesses). Cherry base created by a local shop - found it to be just as cheap as catalogs and quality is a lot better - no stamp from Mexico/Polanesia/China - etc....

On the eagle, all 1/8" - I found the 1/8" mirror cheaper from local provider along with the colors. The eagle pieces were literally left overs... 1/8" black background solid. White and yellow cut to shape and glued on...

Just glad that all my Christmas orders were filled by yesterday and I had time to play....

John Noell
12-24-2008, 3:44 PM
Nice work!! (Now, if we could only get colored acrylics like that over here without special -EXPENSIVE - orders from the USA or Australia, sigh.)

Mike Null
12-24-2008, 5:36 PM
Steve

Great idea! Thanks.

Jerry Hay
12-24-2008, 5:52 PM
Those are great!

Frank Corker
12-24-2008, 6:01 PM
Very nice work Steve. Nice bases too.

Scott Shepherd
12-26-2008, 8:56 AM
Nice work!! (Now, if we could only get colored acrylics like that over here without special -EXPENSIVE - orders from the USA or Australia, sigh.)

You can, simply spray paint the back of it any color you want and cut away!

John Noell
12-26-2008, 2:33 PM
You can, simply spray paint the back of it any color you want and cut away! I do that, but it does not look quite the same as having the color all the way through. (And it would be nice to be able to get acrylic paints here instead of solvent-based ones to avoid crazing issues.)