PDA

View Full Version : Vytek "Misfiring"

Rex Zielesch
12-23-2008, 3:00 PM
Hey there, first post here on smc, I discovered these forums a few weeks ago and they have been quite helpful, I'd like to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge.

We have a Vytek FX 5151 with a ULC-50 replacement laser unit.
For a while now we have been getting these little lines at the edges of areas that are solid etched, they usually are no longer than an inch and seem to happen at the beginning of random passes, and are more common when the image has curves or angles. See Images http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=104462&stc=1&d=1230062158http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=104463&stc=1&d=1230062158

This is especially problematic in wood and acrylic.
I tried changing every machine setting but the lines still happen.
I can get more pictures if need be.

Any thoughts to what is causing this?

James Stokes
12-23-2008, 7:05 PM
If it is firing when it is not supposed to I would think it is in the electronics of the machine. My Vytek has had problems but that is not one of them

Rex Zielesch
12-23-2008, 7:16 PM
It's the opposite, it's not firing when it's supposed to, only for a split second, sometimes. ALWAYS at the edge of the image, never in the middle. If ran multiple times the lines are in the same area but not the exact same places or sizes.

Mike Mackenzie
12-23-2008, 7:37 PM
Rex,

I am going to make a guess here, This is a Universal laser Tube and I think the tickle signal is set wrong or to high.

On the tube itself is a panel that once removed exposes some dip switches.

Set the dip switches to the following 1=down 2=down 3=up 4=down 5=down 6=up leave 7 & 8 alone. Up is towards the fans and the fans should be facing up on the bench.

If you send me a pm with your e-mail add I can send you a PDF file. the file is too big to post here.

I did post a pdf of where to look for the dip switch cover.

Please just try this make a note on how the switch settings are before you change them once you change them and test it if it works then were good if it does not then you should contact Vytec about the tube or ULS. Please remember this is a guess because I am not sure if Vytec sets these switches any particular way.

Rex Zielesch
01-01-2009, 4:34 PM
Thank you so much for your response. I tried the setting you gave me, along with about 20 other settings, each making very little difference in my testing.
These are my results. A bit hard to see because of the small file limit here, all of these triangles are etched from the exact file, all different tickle settings. The lines do not appear in the square images, regardless of tickle setting, only images with curves and slants, when 80%+ of the area is solid etched, but many jobs require just this, and the lines are a ongoing problem. A previous employee called them "misfires"
:( Any ideas or theories anyone?

Thanks,

Rex