PDA

View Full Version : Silicone Wristbands

Tom Gooch
12-23-2008, 2:21 PM
Hello All,
I'm a newbie (bought the Epilog Helix 45 this month) and have a customer who has asked about silicone wristbands. I've found plenty of sources to buy the blank bands, bau haven't found much in the way of instructions on "how to". Do you need a rotary attachment to do these or some kind of jig? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Margaret Turco
12-23-2008, 4:23 PM
I haven't done them, but here's an old thread on the topic. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=86832&highlight=silicone+wristbands

Tom Gooch
12-24-2008, 1:20 AM
Thanks Margaret, I found some help in that old thread, but still hope some other readers will share ideas.

Nick Napier
01-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi Tom, I've done about 30,000 wristbands. Contact me and I'll give you some tips and files on how to make fixtures.

Nick Napier Napier's Laser Engraving woodworknick@yahoo.com

Steve Clarkson
01-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi Tom, I've done about 30,000 wristbands. Contact me and I'll give you some tips and files on how to make fixtures.

Nick Napier Napier's Laser Engraving woodworknick@yahoo.com

Awww, Nick.......I think everyone would like to read your tips.

Phil Garcia
01-02-2009, 1:05 PM
Yes Nick, I have done a few but nothing like 30,000. I think we all could learn from your experience. Please post what you are willing to share. Thanks.:D

Nick Napier
01-02-2009, 8:47 PM
Gentlemen, I'm putting togeather a small tutorial on bands. I've recieved a lot of help and project files from this forum. It's only fair I return what small amount of info I might have to assist in this area. It may take a day or two but I'll get done. Thanks for the interest.

Nick

Tom Gooch
01-03-2009, 12:10 AM
What a great gesture to start off the new year. Thank you Nick!!!:D Looking forward to your post.
TG

Phil Garcia
01-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks Nick, it will be greatly appreciated. Also, thanks for the Gentlemen part, it's the nice's thing I have been called all year.:D:D:D

Mike Hood
01-03-2009, 12:11 PM
I got 200 samples in the mail yesterday. Probably paid too much for them (50 cents each), but they are fun to play with.

They engrave nicely and after a quick clean up in soap and water look really nice.

Got mine at www.24hourwristbands.com

Any better vendors out there?

Tom Gooch
01-04-2009, 12:22 AM
fifty cents at that quantity is pretty good as far as I can see. Thanks for the input. I'm gettin' ready to place an order too so nice to know what you paid there.

Mike Hood
01-04-2009, 9:56 AM
Yeah.. It's a pain navigating to the place to order blanks there.

Try going directly to the blanks page HERE: (http://24hourwristbands.com/order-blank-wristbands/)

I think the best price break is at around 200. I originally ordered 500 that worked out to 44 cents each. Free shipping is included too. They used Fedex and I had them in about 10 days (and I ordered a few days before Christmas).

The multi-colored ones work pretty nicely. Especially those with white or bright colors with a contrasting dark color beneath.

Nick Napier
01-06-2009, 2:45 PM
Again Gentlemen and ladies, I hope this is informative. I'm not the best at explaining things but here goes. I have attached two files one is a word file and a cdr file if any part is unclear let me know and I try and explain. Also it's perfectly ok to call me 812-279-9636.

Nick

Scott Shepherd
01-06-2009, 2:57 PM
Nick, that's really excellent work. Thanks for taking the time to share it with all of us. Very nicely done fixture and well explained. Looks like you covered it all to me.

Thanks!
Steve

Steve Clarkson
01-06-2009, 2:59 PM
Thanks Nick!

Tom Gooch
01-07-2009, 1:21 AM
Nick---
Talk about over the top help!
I'm just barely into this business and am already so thankful for finding this forum and the assistance and education I am getting here.
Thank you Nick for your part in making this forum a great place to visit and especially for this exceptional aid.