PDA

View Full Version : A lot of new folks here

Don Farr
12-23-2008, 12:30 PM
I have been lurking around for a couple of weeks trying to decide how to reintroduce myself back on the creek. I see a lot of new names and some that I remember.
I'll tell the new folks a little about myself (I'll keep it brief) I was heavy into woodworking and wood turning back in the early 2000's. In 2006 my wife of 40 years became severely ill, ultimately passing away in January of 2007. I lost all interest in my shop and any hobby's for quite some time. I worked, ate and slept just passing time. I had no one to encourage me to do anything much less woodworking.
Well as time passed the good Lord put another wonderful woman in my life and as someone once said "I'm back". She saw some of my turned bowls sitting around the house and asked if I would turn her one for Christmas. My friend David Hammon came by my shop to help retrain me.:) and I turned her a beautiful Ambrosia maple bowl ( I'll try to post a picture later). Needless to say I am hooked again.
I wanted to get back on the creek again because it can be a valuable resource of information. We all need advice from time to time and maybe I can help out a little also. So I will be looking forward to seeing everyone in the days to come. Don

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Chris Padilla
12-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Welcome back, Don! We hope you can find solace and peace back in the shop again! :)

Season's Greetings to you as well. :)

Larry Edgerton
12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Got me a little choked up there.......

I am glad you found your way, Happy Holidays!

Steve Schlumpf
12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Welcome back Don! Glad to hear you are into turning! Lots of folks here are stuck in the vortex! I look forward to seeing your turnings real soon!

Don Carter
12-23-2008, 1:12 PM
Don:
God bless you! I am one of the newer guys here, but I have been sucked into the vortex and I can't get out. Welcome back and I hope you and your family are having a Merry Christmas. I will be looking for your work on the site.

All the best.

Don

Bruce Page
12-23-2008, 2:08 PM
Welcome back Don. I'm happy that things are looking brighter for you.
Have a safe and merry Christmas.

Jackie Outten
12-23-2008, 2:12 PM
Welcome back Don. You are a lucky man to have been twice blessed with wonderful women. I am happy that things are going much better for you now.

Keep posting.

Jackie

Jim Becker
12-23-2008, 2:57 PM
Good to see you here again, Don. Yes, things have been busy and there are many new names and faces. Happy holidays! (And I'm glad to hear your life is once again rich with interesting things to keep you running around like a head with your chicken cut off! :D)

Dennis Peacock
12-23-2008, 3:35 PM
Don Farr..!!!!!

So good to see you back my friend.!!!!! :cool:

It is good to see that the Lord and time has healed a broken heart and has covered the scar with yet another wonderful woman in your life. Peace and Blessings to you my friend.

Merry Christmas..!!!!!

Belinda Barfield
12-23-2008, 3:36 PM
Welcome back Don, from a fellow Georgian. It's not only wonderful that you have found someone to share your life, but that she is also appreciative of your hobby/obsession. I'm glad that things are so much better for you this holiday season.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Von Bickley
12-23-2008, 4:16 PM
Welcome back Don

Glenn Clabo
12-23-2008, 4:32 PM
Don! Welcome back!

I'm one of the very lucky ones also. I lost my wife...made plans to just fade away...and along comes this wonderful woman who dragged me kicking and screaming back into the world.

We are VERY lucky men!

Again...nice to see your back.

Ted Shrader
12-23-2008, 5:19 PM
Hi Don -

Glad to see you again!

It is great that your life is resuming in a more normal manner. It is always good to get a "second chance". It sounds like you are very thankful for that.

Regards,
Ted

Don Farr
12-23-2008, 5:39 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I just knew I would get a warm welcome back but WOW. Jim B thanks for the email every year on my bday, Dennis, good to hear from you again old friend, David was just recently asking about you. Jacky, Glenn, Chris, Bruce thanks to everyone that I remember and also to the ones I don't. I'm 61 now and have Old zimmers.:) CRS that S stands for stuff.
It,s been a while but I am going to try a photo post. Forgive my picture taking skills. They have not improved in the last two years.

Think my new lady friend will be impressed?

John Keeton
12-23-2008, 5:59 PM
Don, in addition to the wonderful woman that is sharing your life, you also have acknowledged God in your life - what better combination! Welcome back to the creek, and welcome back to the world of wood. Beautiful work!!

Don Farr
12-23-2008, 6:18 PM
Absolutely John, If I had not known that God was with me through those trying times I don't think I would have made it.

Martin Shupe
12-25-2008, 9:38 PM
Welcome back, Don! The Creek is a little deeper and wider than it used to be, but there are still some of the old folks around.

Glad to see you back.

Jason Roehl
12-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Don! Good to see you posting again! May the Lord bless you as you continue to heal from your loss, as He has been doing all along.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!