PDA

View Full Version : Edit Text issue

Brian Robison
12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm working on a plaque and the text lines are too close to each other. How do I put more space in between the lines?

Darren Null
12-23-2008, 10:55 AM
In Corel?

Text --> Paragraph Formatting --> (brings up a docker window) --> Line (says line spacing when you mouseover). Should be at 100%. Increase number to taste.

Brian Robison
12-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Not exactly like that in V12 but thanks to your help I found it!!! Woo Hoo!

Dave Johnson29
12-23-2008, 11:33 AM
How do I put more space in between the lines?

Hi Brian,

You could also have used individual lines for the text. I make several copies of the text then move them all away from the main one. I delete all but the first line of text in the main one and drag a Guideline for the left edge position.

Then I delete all but the second line in one of the copies. Have View-Snap to Guidelines checked and drag that copy to where I want it.

Repeat as required with remaining lines.

Linda Tetreault
12-23-2008, 12:17 PM
If you have lines of text to "respace", you can control K, once will separate the lines, do it twice it will separate the words, do it again & it will break up the individual letters.

It was a hint from Graphics Unleashed.

Brian Robison
12-23-2008, 2:37 PM
I'll try that next time Linda.
Dave, this is an entire page already paragraph text wrapped. I don't type it, I just copy and paste it in.
With my mad typing skills it would take me a month to retype..:rolleyes:

Mike Null
12-23-2008, 4:15 PM
Brian

The quickest way is to select the text then use the shape tool. At the lower left you will see an arrow; if you drag the arrow it will separate the text by line width. On the right is another arrow and you can widen the text with it.

Dave Johnson29
12-23-2008, 6:24 PM
Dave, this is an entire page already paragraph text wrapped. I don't type it, I just copy and paste it in.

That's pretty much what I meant Brian. You paste the entire text onto a Layer as a single Object. Then click the Select tool, click the entire text Object and make copies. Then delete the lines you don't need from each of the copies. You end up with as many Objects as you have lines of text.

Doing it this way you can actually nest stuff when you have extenders and descenders in the text. For instance if a descender of a "g" in the line above hits an extender of an "h" in the current line and joins up, you can fudge the placement slightly to make a gap between the two letters.

May be a bit cumbersome for lots of text but for 3 to 8 or so lines it is easy to shuffle stuff around and position each line exactly where I want it.