PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help !

Robert White
12-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Needing advise on how to get artsign Jsm40 with newlydraw to work correctly.:eek:

I can not seem to be able to xy to start to engrave in the correct spot once it starts. I did what the instruction advised and per their video. It cuts backwards whenever you input words.

What should the settings be ?:mad:

also what should the setting be to engrave a mirror?:confused: Cheap mirror using as a test until better at it.

also when I use newlydraw the words always are backwards and pictures are too, how do you reverse them so they cut correctly.

Any help would be grateful to a newbie.:D

I have done a couple of good runs, but needing the tricks to help me get better.:p

James Jaragosky
12-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Hey newbie here, trying to locate a dallas cowboy logo, denver bronco logo to use on a laser. Anyone care to share?:confused:

Also needing advise on how to get artsign Jsm40 with newlydraw to work correctly.:eek:

I can not seem to be able to xy to start to engrave in the correct spot once it starts. I did what the instruction advised and per their video.

also what should the setting be to engrave a mirror?:confused:

also when I use newlydraw the words always are backwards and pictures are too, how do you reverse them so they cut correctly.

Any help would be grateful to a newbie.:D

I have done a couple of good runs, but needing the tricks to help me get better.:p

The logos you are asking someone to supply you are copyrght protected. If someone has them I highly doubt that they would be foolish enough to post them.

I can not seem to be able to xy to start to engrave in the correct spot once it starts. I did what the instruction advised and per their video.

The machine will home upon start up.
Then unless you change the start settings in the upper left corner of newly draw, it will start from the last start point of the last file you ran, You can manually change this point by using the step buttons.

also what should the setting be to engrave a mirror?:confused:
Vector cutting text or outline, or rastering a image? Cheap mirror or quality mirror?
Cheap mirror works better for me. If you use the search function on this forum you will find a lot of information on laser engraving mirrors, including methods such as wet paper and dish soap.

Two possible explanations.
1. You have the “REVERSE” box checked on newleydraw.
2. Also on newleydraw there is a drop down menu next to “ORIENT” you may have one of the mirror image settings checked.
Good luck with your new machine.
Jim J.

Mike Null
12-23-2008, 6:59 AM
There are several places you can find vector logos. Here is one.

What was said earlier about copyright protection is accurate.

http://www.logotypes101.com/xt_logos.asp?txtSearch=denver+broncos&button=Search&vt=Search

Robert White
12-23-2008, 7:24 AM
Thanks for the info, I know the copyright laws:D, this is for a friend only !!!!!

I was not going to use them for anything else.

I use to do vinyl graphics so well aware of laws and law suits. Thanks everyone.

Keep send tips all is welcome.

Robert White
12-29-2008, 9:37 PM
ok guys needing help, I am a newbie to Newlydraw.

Once an item is engraved in 3 columns and 3 rows, how do I make the program go back and cut out the items that is completed. Can it be done ?

I did try the search before asking :eek: