PDA

View Full Version : Last of the ornaments this year!

Jeff Nicol
12-22-2008, 6:53 PM
Here are a couple of the last mini bird houses and plain ornaments I delivered today. A lot of different woods from black cherry burl to Catalpa, butternut, chinese elm, paduak and some plactic and corian! The pictures are a little dark but I was in a hurry when I took them. Not to sure about the one with the holly and paduak icicle finial. I was just using a bunch of different woods to see what it would look like. It looks better in person!

Thanks,

Jeff

Dewey Torres
12-22-2008, 6:55 PM
All are very nice. My fav is number 4 but my fav birdie is #2...you went tropical in the winter:cool:

Greg Just
12-22-2008, 8:13 PM
Nice job Jeff - I especially like the one on the far right

Jim Kountz
12-22-2008, 8:20 PM
Great job on all of them!! Now I have the wife asking me "why havent you made some of those?" Geezz!!

Dewey Torres
12-22-2008, 8:27 PM
Great job on all of them!! Now I have the wife asking me "why havent you made some of those?" Geezz!!

Jim,
Don't you know not to let the wife see the potential xmas gifts before you have a chance to turn them.

BTW my wife also likes the far right swatch... you two must have similar tastes. Painting is not something Sailors typically like to do for fun unlike spouses:o

Leo Van Der Loo
12-22-2008, 8:28 PM
Nice job Jeff, the bark-on one is extra nice, well done :D

Steve Schlumpf
12-22-2008, 9:45 PM
Cute...like the others, I also like the one on the far right, Like the form of the birdhouse roof as well as all the bark. Nice work!

Bernie Weishapl
12-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Very nice looking ornaments. The two on the right are really nice. Very well done on all.

Jeff Nicol
12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Thank you all for your kind words! Next year I need to start a little more than 3 weeks before Chistmas! My wife said I should start in February!! Just one to finish tomorrow for the family Christmas on the 24th. We do the thing where you pick a card and the ACE goes first and so on. Everyone can trade with the people who picked before you and the one with the Ace gets the last trade! Last year they fought over a little HF I turned and a bird house ornament. No reason not to make this year the same!

Happy Holidays! It has been a pleasure to join SMC and to get to converse with and meet fellow turners and fans alike!

Thanks again,

Jeff

Clara Koss
12-22-2008, 11:10 PM
beautiful ornaments.... so sweet....:p