PDA

View Full Version : low odour rubber? laser polymer?

Nadia Zois
12-22-2008, 4:18 PM
i need to find these items. i have looked and looked but only found one place that sells the polymer and it is expensive.

i was suggested a couple of other places but they refuse to sell to me because i do not have a 'real' business. i am just starting out so i do not have anything really set up.

i really want to make stamps but i am having such a hard time finding places which sell the laser polymer. do you guys have any suggestions?

George D Gabert
12-22-2008, 5:06 PM
Laserbits sells rubber sheets and stamp kits.

GDG

Brian Robison
12-22-2008, 5:41 PM
And don't be fooled into thinking it's really low oder!

Art Anderson
12-23-2008, 4:17 AM
Millennium Marking sells "no odor" rubber for lasers. While nothing is stinkless, this stuff is really fairly mild. I switched to it after the neighboring business threatened to wrap a bicycle frame around my neck. Some people have no sense of humor. :cool:

By the way, Shiny Rubber is owned by Millennium. I will say the people at Millennium are pleasant to deal with.

Best wishes,

Art
northernletterpress.com
Marquette, Michigan USA

Brian Robison
12-23-2008, 8:50 AM
Nadia,
from another post, you seem to have the laser in your bedroom. You also are living in a downstairs basement apartment. I don't think you want to laser rubber, it's the stinkiest stuff I've ever run in the laser.

Rich Enders
12-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Our firm has some background in rubber, but we are not familiar with the requirements for use in a laser. If anyone can describe the size and other requirements of the rubber we may be able to assist.

Nadia Zois
12-23-2008, 1:10 PM
Millennium Marking sells "no odor" rubber for lasers. While nothing is stinkless, this stuff is really fairly mild. I switched to it after the neighboring business threatened to wrap a bicycle frame around my neck. Some people have no sense of humor. :cool:

By the way, Shiny Rubber is owned by Millennium. I will say the people at Millennium are pleasant to deal with.

Best wishes,

Art
northernletterpress.com
Marquette, Michigan USA
hi :)

i did contact them and they were one of the ones who said they won't sell to me unless i am a real business and can prove it to them. :(

should i tell them i am? or?

Nadia Zois
12-23-2008, 1:11 PM
so teh polymer would be best to use? it doesn't smell?

Bill Cunningham
12-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Nadia; I do LOTS of stamps, and there is no such thing as odourless anything.. If you are running stamp material of 'any' kind in someone else's house, You better look for someplace else to live 'now' because quite frankly, it won't be long before they tell you to leave... I make all my own polymer sheets for lasering and although it does not stink as much, it does smell, and leaves a lingering semi stink.. I would cross rubber stamps and acrylic off your things to do list, or start house hunting..