PDA

View Full Version : Whiteside came through...

David Rose
06-16-2004, 4:35 AM
at least to this point. I haven't had time to check the fit of the rail/stile, but the appearance of the bit to each other is better. The bits came in this morning. That is service in my opinion.

I'll report back on the fit in a couple of days.

David

Tyler Howell
06-16-2004, 7:01 AM
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Hold them accountable!

Greg Heppeard
06-16-2004, 9:24 AM
Good Job David...could I interest you in a job here??? We could use a good man to deal with the vendors. Seriously tho...Whiteside is a great bit and they usually do stand behind their product. Hey, I missed you the other week when you came to T town. Maybe I'll see ya at the picnic? :D

Nathan Hoffman
06-16-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm glad to hear that Whiteside "made good" on their mistake. As a sidline to this topic, what would everyone recommend for a rail & stile set? Most of my bits right now are from Woodline (which I am happy with), and I want to be sure of a good quality set for the r&s. Thanks.

Steve Clardy
06-16-2004, 2:07 PM
at least to this point. I haven't had time to check the fit of the rail/stile, but the appearance of the bit to each other is better. The bits came in this morning. That is service in my opinion.

I'll report back on the fit in a couple of days.

David Glad you got them replaced David. Now, I really expect to see some of your work when I cross the border in September to come and Eat Terry's fabulous barbecue.
I've ran Whiteside for a number of years now, buying mostly from Ballew's in Springfield.
Great bits, sharp out of the box.
Steve
BTW, I finally passed you on your posting count. Been trying for weeks to catch up with you. Lol

Chris Padilla
06-16-2004, 2:57 PM
I'm glad to hear that Whiteside "made good" on their mistake. As a sidline to this topic, what would everyone recommend for a rail & stile set? Most of my bits right now are from Woodline (which I am happy with), and I want to be sure of a good quality set for the r&s. Thanks.
There is another thread going which addresses this but I'm very happy with my CMT bits. Whiteside should be good as well.

Donnie Raines
06-16-2004, 3:12 PM
WS is a good company to do buisness with. They really do seem intrested in your being pleased with their products...and I like that!

David Rose
06-16-2004, 4:10 PM
Tyler, so far it took very little squeak to get grease. :) There are still several good companies out there who try to serve their customers. I'm glad to find another one.

David

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Hold them accountable!

David Rose
06-16-2004, 4:21 PM
Greg, this time and company was an easy one.

I haven't used all the bits around (yet), but of about 6 brands that I've tried Whiteside and Freud seem to be the sharpest and cleanest cutting. The life is showing to be very good on the WS also. I haven't used Freuds long enough to dull one.

Sorry I missed you at work. But you will have to see me at the picnic. :eek: We are busy then, so my appearances will be limited, but you won't miss me. Someone has to keep Terry's fire lighted. :D Did he tell you about finding the chisel stuck in the top of his new fancy work bench? No marks! Believe me, I ain't totally stupid! ;) I'm glad you will be there. It sounds like a great crew this year as in past ones.

David

Good Job David...could I interest you in a job here??? We could use a good man to deal with the vendors. Seriously tho...Whiteside is a great bit and they usually do stand behind their product. Hey, I missed you the other week when you came to T town. Maybe I'll see ya at the picnic? :D

David Rose
06-16-2004, 4:39 PM
Uh, oh... I forgot about "show and tell" at Terry's. All the stuff I've been doing lately will either be carted off or glued to the ground. I will get arbor pics up one day soon I hope. I need to take it outside and recheck the assembly fit before the wedding. I would just rather work wood. :p

Man! I am ready to sample the Hatfield feed again too.

You beat my posting count??? OH, NO!!! :eek:

David

Glad you got them replaced David. Now, I really expect to see some of your work when I cross the border in September to come and Eat Terry's fabulous barbecue.
I've ran Whiteside for a number of years now, buying mostly from Ballew's in Springfield.
Great bits, sharp out of the box.
Steve
BTW, I finally passed you on your posting count. Been trying for weeks to catch up with you. Lol

David Rose
06-16-2004, 4:42 PM
CMT... that is one of the few brands that I haven't tried. I wanted to mention that earlier. Though I have preferences, some of them are only because of what I *haven't* yet tried. CMT has an excellent reputation.

David

There is another thread going which addresses this but I'm very happy with my CMT bits. Whiteside should be good as well.