PDA

View Full Version : home position ?

john welsh
12-22-2008, 8:43 AM
my legend ext 36 is having a mental breakdown i think ? or is it me?
after finishing an engraving the head fails to reset to the home position preferring to go to the back of the machine and stop 3/4s of the way back towards top left.
if i reset the home position from the control panel via the maintainance control option it resets fine .
but engrave or vector cut another job and the same thing occurs.
ive cleaned the dust from the motors the belts the cables and the encoding strip to no avail so if any one has any ideas please let me know , im still waiting on a call from epilog support .:confused:

Larry Bratton
12-22-2008, 6:02 PM
Where does it home when you first turn it on and initialize?

Larry Alles
12-22-2008, 7:15 PM
John,
I had the same problem with my EXT. Called Epilog and they e-mailed instructions for cleaning the gear on the motor that drives the belt in the
z,y position. It gets filled with residue from the lasered material that collects on the belt. When it gets to full, the teeth on the belt do not seat in the gear
and you lose home position. I also cleaned the decoding strip very well. Since then the machine works great. Thanks to Epiliog again.

Larry Alles,
ABS Engraving Corp.

Epilog 24TT, Legend EXT, Meistergram 2818, Deckel 3D pantographs, Gorton 2D pantograph

john welsh
12-23-2008, 2:38 AM
thanks guys for the help and yes epilog called and we tracked the problem down to dirt in the gear ive cleaned it out and all is well in the world again.
at some point over the holidays i will put a list of the faults and remedys ive had with my machines into a single post and upload it as a file for those who wish to keep it as a self help file and maybe speed up the fault solving process , happy holidays all and again thanks :)

Adam Orton
12-13-2009, 8:38 PM
If you are printing from Corel take a look at File > Print > Layout > Image Position and Size... Make sure the setting is set to "As in document"

Just a thought..