PDA

View Full Version : New Pens

Keith Christopher
12-22-2008, 12:14 AM
I was looking for more patriot pens after the engraver mispelled the name on one of the pens. None to be found at woodcraft so I bought the wallstreet III pens. Here it is in top to bottom order.

Water buffalo horn
Pink ivory
Bubinga.

Cheers !

Dewey Torres
12-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Outstanding penmanship:D

All three look great. My fav is #2 because I like the little flaw in the wood that was revealed when you turned it.

Keith Christopher
12-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Some clearer shots. (I need a new camera.)

Keith Christopher
12-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Outstanding penmanship:D

All three look great. My fav is #2 because I like the little flaw in the wood that was revealed when you turned it.

Dewey,

Thanks it is appreciated. Yeah I normally don't find too many of those in pink ivory. It has to be one of my favorite woods to turn pens. Plus they sell like crazy.

The water buffalo horn smelled like burning hair when drilling. *barf* sure does finish up nice tho. Like acrylic but 100x easier !

Keith

Bernie Weishapl
12-22-2008, 5:59 PM
Keith those are beauties. I really like the first one. Know what you mean about burning hair as antlers kinda smell like that. At least the couple I did.

Steve Schlumpf
12-22-2008, 9:37 PM
Keith - nice work on all three pens! Really like the water buffalo pen just because of the contrast in colors. Again - nice work!

Keith Christopher
12-30-2008, 8:50 PM
Here is the finished project in it's box.