PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the Incra Jig going...

Greg Hines, MD
12-21-2008, 10:44 PM
...today. Still working out the kinks in it, but did manage a decent dovetail joint in some 1/2" MDO plywood. It has a real tendency to splinter and chip out, so will have to work on that. I also need to get some handscrews, though the Kreg clamp worked fine for holding the workpieces to the right-angle jig.

I had considered making my own fence and jig, but in the end, saved the $10 at Woodcraft and am pleased with the purchase. I am unsatisfied with the clamps to hold the base in place, and am going to creat a folding table to the rear of the table, so that I can use toilet bolts or T-nuts to hold down the jig. That is for another day, however.

Does anyone have experience with the complete set of templates for this jig? As I understand it, they are sized for the LS positioners, and must be cut down for the original jig. That doesn't bother me, but I wonder if you can still use them in a LS positioner if I ever get one.

Doc

Barry Vabeach
12-22-2008, 12:13 AM
I have the templates that came with the original jig when I bought years ago - I may have used 1 or 2 of them once or twice, do they not still offer them?

Eddie Kaden
12-22-2008, 12:33 AM
I just got the full set of templates a couple of months ago. I just fold them in half so they fit in the space and hold them in place with a little scotch tape. I don't want the cut them in case I ever upgrade to the larger jig. This has become my favorite tool in the shop. I bought the project book with it and have made about 30 Xmas gifts from that book.

Anthony Whitesell
12-22-2008, 8:41 AM
A purchased them a while back, soon after purchasing the jig. I haven't had the opportunity to use the jig or templates yet. I made a photocopy of the templates and cut them to length to fit the shorter positioner.