PDA

View Full Version : Getting a door flattene

Craig Hemsath
12-21-2008, 11:50 AM
One of the doors on my laundry room remodel cabinets (it's 20" x 60") is a little out of square. So the bottom corner doesn't sit flat against the face frame. It's not terrible, maybe 1/4". But it's bothering me, is there any way to twist the door back down flat?

Joe Chritz
12-21-2008, 7:24 PM
Probably not, especially if it is finished. Pre-finsh you can try to wet one side and see but I haven't ever had any luck getting it to stay. Any of the methods I heard of are hit and miss at best.

What I did on one I lost a little was install a magnetic catch to hold the door closed. I wouldn't go that route on a commission but for my cabs works just fine.

Joe

Leo Graywacz
12-21-2008, 8:04 PM
This might work. I have done it a couple of times and it is hit or miss. Take a spacer and put it in the topside of the door and close the door. Keep it up for a week or two. If it works, good for you. If it doesn't, you're at square one. The other possibility is the wall or jamb is not in a parallel plane, whwich would mean the door is flat but the door opening is not.

Craig Hemsath
12-21-2008, 9:26 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I was afraid, I was gonna be stuck with it. The frame is good, as the other doors are flush. I may play with it a little just to see.