PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo heater problems.....

Phil Phelps
12-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi folks. After about fifteen years my Ready Heater is problematic. I found a place on line that has all the parts and I ordered a "kit", lord how I hate that word", and now my heater won't even work. As I have read, they are quite tempermental and must have the exact psi to operate. Anyone know of a place in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area that works on these heaters? Thanks in advance.
Phil

Phil Phelps
12-22-2008, 7:28 PM
...why not call the manufacturer and see if they have certified repair people in your area?

Phil Phelps
12-22-2008, 7:30 PM
You're a genius, Phil. I did and found two shops that repair Ready Heaters and both are within three miles from my shop. Great thinkin'.

glenn bradley
12-22-2008, 7:50 PM
There you see? Isn't this forum great at answering all those pesky questions?

Steve Clardy
12-23-2008, 8:19 PM
Roflol.........

Tony Joyce
12-23-2008, 9:47 PM
I bought a pressure gauge and set mine myself. I couldn't find a local shop. I'm sure the gauge was cheaper than a service charge at the repair shop. Manuel was downloaded from the web. The pressure settings are on the heater. I tune the heater yearly, filters(fuel & air) and pressure settings. It makes a world of difference in the performance. Keeping the air filter clean eliminates most of the odor associated with these heaters. I found all the parts on the web.

I have the Reddy 155,000

Tony Joyce