PDA

View Full Version : The last of the Christmas Stoppers

Scott Lux
12-20-2008, 8:55 PM
I have made 73 bottle stoppers since October. It started out with an email to friends and family, and snowballed.

These three are the last of the season. I made the first of these for a neighbor. After seeing it she asked if she could get two. My wife then asked for one similar.

I have never been able to make a "set" of anything, I'm not that good. But these are close enough that I can't tell which was the model. I know they're the last three, because I'm out of hardware.

I don't understand why they're so popular. I've never seen the need to put a stopper in a bottle. :D

Sorry for the poor pics, I'm rushing to get these delivered.

Lux

jim tracy
12-20-2008, 9:37 PM
They look great, trust me I know how that Xmas list gets bigger and bigger.

Bernie Weishapl
12-20-2008, 9:41 PM
Great looking stoppers. Yep it seems once friends and family find out what you do the list grows every year.

Steve Schlumpf
12-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Scott - nice work and congrats on completing such a large order! Next year you can start in July! Have fun with it! Always great to have people ask for your turnings!

Dewey Torres
12-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Don't worry about the rushed pics... heck, at least you got all you projects done. That's more than I can say:o

Scott Lux
12-21-2008, 9:26 AM
It was more like 18 smaller orders. Sometime after Christmas I'll be able to post some more of them.