PDA

View Full Version : Is 2 day UPS shipping now 3 days?

Brian Elfert
12-20-2008, 8:47 PM
Some stuff I ordered shipped on Friday via UPS 2nd day. The inital scan by UPS was around 7 PM Friday evening.

The issue is UPS tracking says my package will be delivered on Wednesday. Overnight shipping on Friday should arrive Monday and 2nd day shipping on Tuesday unless something has changed. Does UPS have a special calendar for the holidays?

Now, this isn't a Christmas gift and I don't need it Tuesday or before Cristmas, but it is interesting that UPS apparently isn't delivering two day shipments in two days right now. I only choose two day shipping because that option was free compared to paying for ground.

I suppose the packages could very still show up on Tuesday, but 99% of the time UPS delivers on the day the tracking program says they will.

Robert Parrish
12-20-2008, 9:19 PM
UPS must be having some problems this year. They are using temps driving golf carts to deliver in my neighborhood. My neighbor called me yesterday to tell me that she had my packages at her house.

Tim Morton
12-20-2008, 9:22 PM
2 day is still 2 day....fridays scan, although technically is still scanned on friday...would be considered after close of business and your package would arrive on the second business day after the first business day it shipped (Monday).

Mike Henderson
12-20-2008, 9:36 PM
The post office is also slow at this time of year. I shipped a priority mail package, which is usually three days, to Ohio (from CA) and it was delivered on the sixth day (it was delivered today). I'm still waiting for a first class package that a guy shipped me on Monday.

Mike

Brian Elfert
12-21-2008, 5:57 PM
The shipment was scanned by UPS at 8:45 PM Friday evening. Later than I remembered so it probably did miss the cutoff.

Interestingly enough the shipment arrived locally here in Minneapolis at 7:42 PM last night! (Saturday evening) I wonder if UPS will now sit on it until Wednesday? I don't know about UPS, but some of the others won't deliver early so they don't set a precedent for future shipments.