PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid BS1400 Issues...

Ryan Cassidy
12-20-2008, 4:15 PM
I've had one of these Bandsaws for about 4 months now and last week, the wheel alignment finger (it's the gray metal piece behind the upper wheel that the horizontal adjustment screw controls) snapped off. So I called Ridgid and once I found someone who could email me the schematics I was able to tell them which part to send me (part number 824283 for reference). I got that in today and went down stairs to install it. I hadn't even fully tensioned the blade and I heard a loud POP like before. Now I have to wait til Monday to determine if they will issue me a new part or I have to haul this thing to Customer Service Center. (I'd sooner junk it then haul it to a Customer Service Center)

That said, both the original part and the replacement part are crap. When you look at the inside of the metal, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. It isn't really solid. Not sure what kind of metal it is.

Does anyone know of any other model that has a better assembly that I could replace this part with if they are interchangeable? From all the issues folks have had with Ridgid CS, I'm fully expecting to have to buy something on my own.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ryan

Ryan Cassidy
12-20-2008, 5:24 PM
In doing some additional research... The Grizzly G0580 looks to have the exact same assembly that I would need. Part number P05550353. If anyone owns one of these saws and would be so kind as to take a picture of both the Blade Adjustment Assembly on the outside of the saw and the "finger and Pin" that are behind the upper wheel that would be great. Honestly, I'm hoping to tell from the picture that they are of better quality or material and I'll order it from Grizzly.

Cheers,
Ryan