PDA

View Full Version : Ready to turn allmost

Dahl Troy Perry
12-20-2008, 3:38 PM
Wife got me a Barracuda 4 chuck but said I could not use till got all the chirstmas projects done she wanted made boy she had a long list.
Three quilt racks 4 wine racks 15 lids for longerberger baskets 2 jewelry boxes 15 taco shell holders ALL DONE spraying Deft on them now waiting for them to dry. Then I can start trying to turn some bowls and things.And to top all that I got layed off till Jan 20 (wife has to work) and Ill be in the shop for a month .Been reading a lot about turing ready to see what I can do. thanks for ansering my dum questions will post some pictures when get something done.

Steve Schlumpf
12-20-2008, 4:01 PM
Dahl - sounds like you've been busy! After spending a solid month turning you should have lots of items for show & tell! Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Hope the layoff thing is a temporary situation!

Toney Robertson
12-20-2008, 6:28 PM
Dahl,

Your still welcomed to come over any time and spin some wood and throw some bull.

Toney

Bernie Weishapl
12-20-2008, 6:54 PM
Dahl sounds like you will get some good shop time. I would take Toney up on his offer to spin some wood.

Jim Kountz
12-20-2008, 8:16 PM
Sounds like you have been a busy little elf there Dahl! And I have found that there is no such thing as a dumb question here, should go back and read some of the ones I asked over the past year!! Hope the layoff is short lived but in the meantime happy turning!!

Dahl Troy Perry
12-20-2008, 9:53 PM
Yea I hope the lay off is short to but when you work for the big 3 you never know. And yes Toney plan on getting with you after Xmas I knew I'd be off for a while and I'm busy till Xmas doing the honey do list with family coming from out of state. But any time after then I would love get with you and learn some tricks in cutting bowls.:D