PDA

View Full Version : helpful hint

Philip Duffy
12-20-2008, 1:32 PM
Just for fun, and with a good reason, I offer that the new plastic wine "corks" are a great source of innovative solutions. I drilled a 6mm hole in one, lengthwise, and pushed in the shaft of a 3in sanding pad. Stuck that cork into the jaws of my Nova 2 , mounted a piece of sanding paper, and let her rip! Hear ye, hear ye, an instant sanding disc for small works of art and trash! Philip

Greg Just
12-20-2008, 2:24 PM
Sounds interesting - how about a picture?

Bernie Weishapl
12-20-2008, 3:14 PM
Pictures please. Sounds like a plan taking shape.

Steve Schlumpf
12-20-2008, 4:02 PM
Sounds interesting....... looking forward to the photos!

Philip Duffy
12-20-2008, 8:36 PM
Sorry, guys, a picture of a sanding disc? Surely you jest! Just think it thru, its not so hard.

Dewey Torres
12-20-2008, 8:54 PM
Phil,
Surely you are kidding right? Please tell me your camera is broke.

SMC folks love pics... of anything (see pic)

Well guys, sorry it wasn't that magic sanding disk but you got a pic of a happy Dewey and maybe Phil will post that pic.

Philip Duffy
12-21-2008, 2:15 PM
Wellllll, Senior Dewey, if I knew how I would post the pictures of my complicated device but since I have not done that before, I pass.

Dewey Torres
12-21-2008, 2:42 PM
We can show you how easy enough:

Take the pic
Transfer pic to computer
Create a post
Click on the paperclip icon (new window will come up 'manage attachments')
Click browse
Point to your picture file on computer
Hit upload (wait)
When finished submit reply

Once you go through this one time it really becomes intuitive.:)

Jim Kountz
12-21-2008, 5:59 PM
Phil,
Surely you are kidding right? Please tell me your camera is broke.

SMC folks love pics... of anything (see pic)

Well guys, sorry it wasn't that magic sanding disk but you got a pic of a happy Dewey and maybe Phil will post that pic.

Ok Dewey my vote is for the color swatch on the right. And get out of the bathroom!! LOL

robert hainstock
12-21-2008, 7:20 PM
Rule #1---No picture=did'nt happen. :eek::eek:
Bob

Dewey Torres
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Ok Dewey my vote is for the color swatch on the right. And get out of the bathroom!! LOL

See, I told you so Phil... it could be a pic of ANYTHING!

andrew zukewycz
12-22-2008, 12:46 AM
man, i did all that reading and no pic?

i know it sounds easy to make, but a pic of yours would be neat.

that is all.

zuke

Philip Duffy
12-22-2008, 5:51 AM

See the cork? See the home made disc? See the sanding paper? Mount 3 to 2 to 1 and put in the chuck. Turn on the switch. End of story.

Jim Becker
12-22-2008, 7:52 AM
Great idea, Phil!

Dewey...you get a free avatar, too...

Philip Duffy
12-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Just for fun, and with a good reason, I offer that the new plastic wine "corks" are a great source of innovative solutions. I drilled a 6mm hole in one, lengthwise, and pushed in the shaft of a 3in sanding pad. Stuck that cork into the jaws of my Nova 2 , mounted a piece of sanding paper, and let her rip! Hear ye, hear ye, an instant sanding disc for small works of art and trash! Philip

Sooo, lets see if this works the 2nd time. Kept getting "Invalid File" pronouncements!

Steve Schlumpf
12-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Philip - the photo showing everything in place on the lathe works for me! Great idea! Will file it away for later use! Thanks!