PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding Source for Hardware

Stephen Edwards
12-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Hello Creekers,

I need help, please. I'm trying to locate some leveling devices; set screws, threaded inserts, etc. I'm not sure exactly what I want to use. However, I do know that I need to see what my options are for leveling, similar to the sort of hardware that one sees used to level router plates flush with a router table. This is for a tool project that I'm working on. Ideally, I'd like to have an assortment to choose from. Various lengths would be useful, too.

Also, I'd like to locate a small threaded shaft with a bearing on one end of it. Imagine if you will, please, a 1/4 inch flush cut router bit with a 1/4 OS diameter bearing on the bottom of the bit. For my purposes I need something the same size (or even smaller). However, what I want would be more or less like a bolt.....threaded on one end......then perhaps the top 1/2 inch or so just without threads.....and a bearing on the top, mounted with an allen screw. I'd like to be able to change the bearing to a larger size if I wanted to. I would also need a threaded metal insert that mounts in a table, shy of the top of top of the table, that I can screw this threaded piece into.

Any help locating either or both of the above described hardware would be much appreciated.

Thanks..........

Lee Schierer
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
A bearing that small rotating at typical router speeds may exceed design limits of ball bearings. The balls would be very tiny and would be rotating extraemly fast inside the races.

Rob Cunningham
12-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Try looking on the MSC website or McMaster Carr.
http://www1.mscdirect.com
http://www.mcmaster.com

Stephen Edwards
12-19-2008, 12:32 PM
A bearing that small rotating at typical router speeds may exceed design limits of ball bearings. The balls would be very tiny and would be rotating extraemly fast inside the races.

The bearing wouldn't be in a router. The bearing would be attached to a table and used like a guide pin. The tool that I'm building is an overarm or pin router.

Thanks........