PDA

View Full Version : I Quit!! I Totally Quit!!!

Dale Thompson
06-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Hi Folks,
Does anyone know a SMC-type board where they discuss knitting and cross-stitch?? I'm OUT of this WW stuff! If anyone noticed my post on the mini-lathe table ("This is a TEST"), you know how hard I worked on that bench, right down to hand painting each of the carriage bolts. What do I get for thanks?? Absolutely nothing discernible!! :mad: :mad:

I turned the first rattle for my client three months ago on my big lathe. At the time he was only six months old so I did not expect a Doctoral thesis in gratitude. On the other hand, he is now NINE months old. I figured that he would be quoting Shakespeare, Churchill or, at least, Mark Twain by now. ;) So much for the intelligence of a rugrat.

Anyway, I put all of that time into the new lathe table. Like most turners do, I messed around to just get the "feel" of the lathe. As below, I then turned the greatest cylinder ever seen by pre-cave man standards. A few more miscellaneous stabs at the Oak gave me a break and I lucked out with a new rattle. His dog had eaten the first one a week ago.

What did I get in appreciatiion?? NOTHING but some GAGAGAGGA stuff and some squeals which only his dog could understand. Not even a "Thank you, Grandpa for this intrinsically deluxe rattle". I QUIT!!! :(

There is only one silver lining that could delay my decision to go to knitting and cross-stitch. At least his DOG "likes" my stuff. :D

Dale T.

Greg Heppeard
06-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey, at least the dog's got taste...hehe Seriously, it looks good and I can see that he likes it.

Tony Falotico
06-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Dale, take two aspirins, get a good nights sleep and everything will be better in the morning! Night - night ...........

Pat Salter
06-14-2004, 11:55 PM
And after 20 years and 846 rattles or whatever he will show his consistancy by still not being appreciative. But he's still cute :D
Nice rattle, btw.

Mark Singer
06-15-2004, 12:34 AM
Very cute! Dale I have to make rattles for grandkids that don't exist yet! You should be happy. Ryan just has girlfriends and Jessica is not quite ready or something. I'll knit Dexter a dog sweater and Java a tennis ball bag....

Martin Shupe
06-15-2004, 2:18 AM
Hey, now there's a great looking rattle...

...but I hope he does not hit the dog on the head with it!!

Tyler Howell
06-15-2004, 2:38 AM
That Apple didn't fall from your tree! Is there a link between this fine young customer and the beauty that does scrap book work???? (earlier Dale Post) I hate to tell you this Dale after all these years.....You were adopted by those very handsome people.:p

You can keep up WW. That is excellent work (I still think that bench is some kinda cheese foos ball table, hand painted bolts and all.)
Nice Job GRB. Keep up the internship. I see "Spin Doctor" in your future.;)

Dave Richards
06-15-2004, 6:39 AM
I think I now have the coffee cleaned out of my keyboard but my nose still hurts from the rapid exit of hot coffee.

The rattle and the grandson both look great, Dale. You should be proud. I think you'd better get busy on a wagon and you should be looking for a special fishing hole for the two of you. :p

Ever think of making dog toys? Dogs always show their gratitude even if you give them an old tennis ball in a dirty sock. :D

Tim Morton
06-15-2004, 7:53 AM
It would appear in the bottom photo that the poor pup is about to take a beatin!!! ;)

Kevin Arceneaux
06-15-2004, 9:32 AM
I know that look in the dog. My Aussie looks at my son the same way - Pure unadulterated love. That is MY child not yours! :)

The next stage is hatching - mine would completely lay on my son and exfoliate his face. And the harder he laughed - the harder she licked. he is now 13 and she STILL has to lay on him (never know if he may be chilly) and lick and lick and lick...
http://www.3dtrains.com/forums/uploads/post-20-1069859432.jpg

Steve Clardy
06-15-2004, 9:39 AM
Well, after this post, I've decided I need some more coffee this morning. Wow. what a post to wake up too!!!!!!!:eek:
And Dale, I'm like Tyler, I thought the table WAS a new Foosball type in progress!!:confused:
Btw, nice Grandkid. But, don't let him to close to you with that rattler!!!:rolleyes:
Steve, trying to catch up with David Roses post count.:D

Donnie Raines
06-15-2004, 9:51 AM
Dale,

You know..after reading through your post twice, I have come to the conclusion that I would like to help you out. I will step up to the plate..for you..someone i have never met. I will gladly take these "tools of concern" off your hands so that you can return to the more peacful ways of life, where a thank you and "hey I apprciate that" are common place. I will do all of this just becuase I am such a great guy.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

..I wonder if my wife would agree with the above self-proclaimation... :confused:

David Wilson
06-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Dale

Did you build the blocks also? Very unusual lathe technique.

Byron Trantham
06-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Quit Grandpa?! Yea right, quit! I dare you..... :D

Dave Sweeney
06-15-2004, 11:39 AM
I happen to speak Baby fluently. The translation of GAGAGAGGA is roughly, "Thanks grandpa, you're my pal". It's a good thing the little fella didn't say GAGAGAGGOO because then he would have been asking you for money. :eek:

Dale Thompson
06-15-2004, 9:07 PM
That Apple didn't fall from your tree! Is there a link between this fine young customer and the beauty that does scrap book work???? (earlier Dale Post) I hate to tell you this Dale after all these years.....You were adopted by those very handsome people.:p

You can keep up WW. That is excellent work (I still think that bench is some kinda cheese foos ball table, hand painted bolts and all.)
Nice Job GRB. Keep up the internship. I see "Spin Doctor" in your future.;)

Tyler,
Yep. The aging redhead you saw previously is the mom (my daughter) and the illiterate rugrat is her son (my grandson). :) You are absolutely right on the "tree" thing". Neither of them will EVER aproach me from the standpoint of being "cute". I do, however, give them credit for trying. ;)

Fighting the "Clark Gable" image has not made an easy life for me. Oh well - life is NEVER easy for a guy named Dale! :eek: ;)

Thanks for the support, bud. If you didn't get your prize yet, I'd be happy to send a duplicate. :D ;)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
06-15-2004, 9:20 PM
I know that look in the dog. My Aussie looks at my son the same way - Pure unadulterated love. That is MY child not yours! :)

The next stage is hatching - mine would completely lay on my son and exfoliate his face. And the harder he laughed - the harder she licked. he is now 13 and she STILL has to lay on him (never know if he may be chilly) and lick and lick and lick...
http://www.3dtrains.com/forums/uploads/post-20-1069859432.jpg

Kevin,
Aren't they GREAT!! Indy is a SUPER dog. The only problem is that he attacks "grandpa" every time he sees me. ;) He thinks that I am an ice cube machine and he is REALLY into ice cubes! I REALLY love that dog but I'm afraid that the grandson is going to be his FIRST Buddy. That makes me VERY happy!! :) :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
06-15-2004, 9:44 PM
I think I now have the coffee cleaned out of my keyboard but my nose still hurts from the rapid exit of hot coffee.

The rattle and the grandson both look great, Dale. You should be proud. I think you'd better get busy on a wagon and you should be looking for a special fishing hole for the two of you. :p

Ever think of making dog toys? Dogs always show their gratitude even if you give them an old tennis ball in a dirty sock. :D

Dave,
The fishing hole is picked out. I've got a lot of nice Northerns and Bass right off the front dock. :)

I'm going to skip the wagon and make a rocking horse. I've got some modifications in mind. The "Rocking Horse" will become a "Bucking Bronco".

Maybe a few "high kick" landings will instill a bit of intellect into the little rugrat! ;) ;) :) Heh Heh

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
06-15-2004, 9:55 PM
Dale,

You know..after reading through your post twice, I have come to the conclusion that I would like to help you out. I will step up to the plate..for you..someone i have never met. I will gladly take these "tools of concern" off your hands so that you can return to the more peacful ways of life, where a thank you and "hey I apprciate that" are common place. I will do all of this just becuase I am such a great guy.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

..I wonder if my wife would agree with the above self-proclaimation... :confused:

Donnie,
Thanks a million!! :) How could you ever question your wifes total agreement with ANYTHING that you do? :confused:

What a GREAT guy you are!! :rolleyes: :)

Dale T.

Kevin Arceneaux
06-15-2004, 10:06 PM
They are great dogs. Though mine will wear you out playing "fetch the tennis ball"

There are a couple of pics of her and my other dog in my forum at
www.3dtrains.com/forums
Page 2 of the Lone Wolf Activites forum, thread called dog. That is my other hobby.
It wouldn't let me paste the link to the thread.

John Miliunas
06-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Well then...GAGAGAGGA! :D GAGA-GU. CAGA-GU. GAGAGAGGA! :mad: HA-HA-HA-HA! GAGAGAGGA. :) GUGA, CAGAG GU! :D :D :D :rolleyes: So there! :cool:

David Rose
06-16-2004, 4:28 AM
Dale, you missed the "thank you"??? Even I got that that! Jeeze dude! It may be time for you to quit. :D

May your dog bites be only severe enough to wake you up... frequently. :eek:

David

Dale Thompson
06-16-2004, 9:05 PM
They are great dogs. Though mine will wear you out playing "fetch the tennis ball"

There are a couple of pics of her and my other dog in my forum at
www.3dtrains.com/forums
Page 2 of the Lone Wolf Activites forum, thread called dog. That is my other hobby.
It wouldn't let me paste the link to the thread.

Kevin,
Thanks. I Love animals. Nice website! Trains are also a favorite of mine. I did N-Scale some years ago. Now I'm back to 1:32 slot cars. Train wrecks at full speed were just TOO expensive. :eek: ;)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
06-16-2004, 9:11 PM
Dale

Did you build the blocks also? Very unusual lathe technique.

David,
All you have to do is turn a square cylinder on your lathe and then use your parting tool to finish. I'm surprised that you would ask such a basic question?! :( ;) :D :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
06-16-2004, 9:23 PM
Well then...GAGAGAGGA! :D GAGA-GU. CAGA-GU. GAGAGAGGA! :mad: HA-HA-HA-HA! GAGAGAGGA. :) GUGA, CAGAG GU! :D :rolleyes: So there! :cool:

Hey Spring,
I've finally gotten a message from you which is understandable! :rolleyes: You must have, at last, decided to use the nine-page, three-letter word CHEESEHEAD Dictionary. Way da go! I's bin rootin' fer ya! :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
06-16-2004, 9:29 PM
Dale, you missed the "thank you"??? Even I got that that! Jeeze dude! It may be time for you to quit. :D

May your dog bites be only severe enough to wake you up... frequently. :eek:

David

David,
I've been wondering where you were. You are always there to kick a poor moron when he's down. Since I am the only moron on THIS board, I was waiting for you to jump at the chance. :eek: Now I am REALLY ticked!! I refuse to QUIT just because of your glee at my failures! :mad: ;) :)

Dale T.

David Rose
06-17-2004, 2:38 AM
Uh! Pardon me, sir! But I'm not going to let you get the best of me on that one. I'll have you to know that *I* am at least as good a moron as you are! :mad:

David

David,
I've been wondering where you were. You are always there to kick a poor moron when he's down. Since I am the only moron on THIS board, I was waiting for you to jump at the chance. :eek: Now I am REALLY ticked!! I refuse to QUIT just because of your glee at my failures! :mad: ;) :)

Dale T.

John Miliunas
06-17-2004, 8:47 AM
Hah! Where the heck have you guys been?! :confused: You don't recognize my avatar or what?! It just happens to be a cropped down version from the MOA (Morons Of America) "Poster Child of the Year"! :rolleyes: Kripes, I don't even get credit for that around here! Guess I'm going to have to have a talk with the organization's marketing dude and call Mr. King (my manager) about this whole publicity thing! :D :cool:

David Rose
06-17-2004, 8:41 PM
John, since Dale and I tie for moron number one, you can be number two. Is that OK Dale?

David

Steve Clardy
06-17-2004, 8:47 PM
John, since Dale and I tie for moron number one, you can be number two. Is that OK Dale?

David
Wheewwww. Sure am glad there's numbers 1- 1 1/2- and 2 before me. Lol

Dale Thompson
06-17-2004, 9:22 PM

David

David,
WHAT PRESSURE!! Spring THINKS that he has an agent. Just because they share hairdressers doesn't necessarily mean that his "ultimate moron" contract will be renewed. :rolleyes:

Dave speaks "baby" with incredible affluence. He should rank as a candidate unless he can also prove his ability to speak "adult" stuff. ;)

Let's not forget Steve! I think that his problem is just plain jealousy - unless he has a lawyer who specializes in "Moron Rights". If that is the case, we may be in trouble.

David, considering the $$$ which are potentially involved, I will have to surrender the #1 ranking to you! :mad: On the other hand, way down deep, we both know the true CHAMP!! :cool: :cool: You will just have to live with the facts. ;)

Dale T.

John Miliunas
06-17-2004, 10:13 PM
David,
WHAT PRESSURE!! Spring THINKS that he has an agent. Just because they share hairdressers doesn't necessarily mean that his "ultimate moron" contract will be renewed. :rolleyes:

Hold on there, just a minute, Peshtigo! There *ain't* no contract! This is an *ELECTED* position! I've been duly elected by my peers, though admittedly, most of them reside in MN and CA. :o Still, I am proud of my post and am determined to NOT let anyone down! :cool:

Dale Thompson
06-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Hold on there, just a minute, Peshtigo! There *ain't* no contract! This is an *ELECTED* position! I've been duly elected by my peers, though admittedly, most of them reside in MN and CA. :o Still, I am proud of my post and am determined to NOT let anyone down! :cool:

Hey Spring,
The MN and CA tell me the WHOLE story! I hope that you are PROUD of your achievements!! ;) ;) :) When will you find the BOTTOM of the WELL?? :confused: :)

Dale T.

David Rose
06-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Steve, you must understand. This is all subject to the Number One Moron's approval. Without Dale's confirmation all our talk is just that. We must wait for the Great One's approval, unless he shares that position with me, then we will have to take a vote. You have my vote for number 2.

I subject myself to the rule of Moron One until he shares his position...

David

Wheewwww. Sure am glad there's numbers 1- 1 1/2- and 2 before me. Lol