PDA

View Full Version : Constantine's Wood Center

John Yogus
12-18-2008, 8:52 PM
Has anybody ever bought lumber online through Constantine's Wood Center out of Florida? If so, any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Jim Becker
12-18-2008, 9:09 PM
John, you live smack in the heart of hardwood heaven... :) But if there is something specific that Constantine's has that you can't find up here, they had a good reputation in the past when they were located in NY. The business moved a few years ago and there hasn't been much recent discussion/mention of them that I can remember.

Larry Edgerton
12-18-2008, 9:22 PM
I bought from them years ago and had no problems, but I kind of forgot about them for the last 15 years or so..........

Rob Cooper
12-18-2008, 9:26 PM
I used to shop at that Ft Lauderdale location when I lived nearby. They have very nice veneers. There lumber prices never worked for me though. I don't expect that you would have any problems with them.

Don Bullock
12-18-2008, 11:48 PM
As others have said, Constantine's has bee around for a long time. They were one of the major "mail order" woodworking stores. I, however, don't see very many posts about them.

Mike Wilkins
12-19-2008, 3:19 PM
I have purchased veneer from them in the past, and had good results and good service. Good variety.
As for hardwoods; since you live in Central PA, there should be lots of outlets for hardwoods in the state. I have seen them in the advertising section of many magazines.

Robert Parrish
12-19-2008, 5:25 PM
Try Wall lumber, their prices are a lot better! I have been buying from Steve for 25-30 years and never had a problem. Also they are closer to you for shipping cost.

Dewey Torres
12-19-2008, 7:58 PM
Heck I will back Constantine's....

May be luck but many many dealings with never a problem.