PDA

View Full Version : 18 volt batteries

Paul Dombroski
12-18-2008, 8:24 PM
Do you prefer having your batteries rebuilt or just buying new. I have some DeWalts which I bought 13 months ago and one will not hold a charge. So was just wondering which way to go. I think there is a company here in Pennsylvania that does the rebuilds but I would have to search for the name.
Thanks

Mike Henderson
12-18-2008, 9:26 PM
I've been able to find new DeWalt 18V batteries on sale at a lower price than rebuilt. Otherwise, the people who get their batteries rebuilt by a reputable place have good things to say about it. I think Jason Able (may be spelled wrong or wrong name) on here rebuilds batteries and people speak highly of his work.

Mike

Rich Engelhardt
12-19-2008, 7:11 AM
Hello,

I have some DeWalts which I bought 13 months ago and one will not hold a charge

Check out MTO battery. (Jason Abel's site)
It's in PA. so it might be the one you're thinking of.

Plenty of options are available. New. Third party (same inside but w/out the yellow DeWalt "skins"). Rebuilt - for a few extra $$'s you can get the heavy duty upgrade which handles heavy current draw better. Upgrade to 4100Ah - the stock DeWalts are 2100 Ah. Plus a lot of other choices.<-- make sure you check out the "specials" page.

Newer DeWalt 18V tools also accept Li Ion batteries, as per DeWalt, so you can upgrade to Li Ion if you wish. You'll need a different charger though.

Jim Eller
12-19-2008, 8:32 PM
Like Rich said.

I did mine from MTO. Jason's a good guy to work with.

Jim