PDA

View Full Version : woodworking classes??

Pat Meeuwissen
12-18-2008, 8:04 AM
Good morning guys, I'm wondering are there any members from Northern NJ on the forum? I consider myself an advanced beginner as a woodworker and have a decent amount of good old common sense and safety respect for the tools I have and use. I would love to be able to advance my skills by learning from a pro, I have thought about going to a cabinet shop which is not too far from my home and asking him if he would take me on as an apprentice of sort, but knowing how people are about lawsuits I don't hold out much hope for this. I can't find any adult classes for this purpose that don't mean having to take time from work or traveling. Any thoughts? :confused:I have watched a bunch of You tube videos and have gotten some real sound advice there. Thanks Pat

Jim Becker
12-18-2008, 9:15 AM
Consider some of the classes and workshops at the Philadelphia Furniture Workshop (http://philadelphiafurnitureworkshop.com/)...many are offered on weekends and might be doable for you, even with the commute. Alan is a long-time SMC member and Mario has credentials that are quite well known. The facility is outstanding.

Don Bullock
12-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Pat, have you checked for classes at your local community college or vocational trade school?