PDA

View Full Version : More Christmas gifts

Brian Brown
12-17-2008, 2:08 PM
Here are some pens and desk sets for Christmas gifts. These sets were made by my wife and me in a marathon session. Your critique and comments are welcome. The walnut set is for my grandmother who brought the walnut from Kansas.

The osage orange is for my uncle, who thought that the wood he was helping Grandma bring from Kansas was all walnut...surprise, surprise. One of the mahogany sets is for my dad, who used to do woodworking when he was younger, and mahogany was his favirite wood. This piece of Mahogany was left over from the keel of the boat that he built.

The other Mahogany is for my other Grandmother. Her entire house is done in mahogany trim and built-ins. The walnut burl is for my wifes father, who owned a lumber yard, and walnut was one of his favorite woods. The Zebra wood is for my BIL, whose wife is getting a zebrawood vase shown in another post. The bloodwood and other walnuts are for other friends.

Brian Brown
12-17-2008, 2:10 PM
Wow! Somehow these pics really lost their color. I'll see if I can fix it and try to change them.

David Walser
12-17-2008, 2:17 PM
Brian,

Those are all very nice. I'm sure your family will love them.

Skip Spaulding
12-17-2008, 2:34 PM
Very nice Brian, must be great to have family with so much wood history, no wonder you seem to be right at home with the wood. A Merry Christmas to You and Yours, Skip

Bernie Weishapl
12-17-2008, 2:39 PM
Brian those are great looking gifts. Your family and friends will love those. Well done.

Jim Kountz
12-17-2008, 3:54 PM
Good job Brian, Im sure everyone will love them!!

Steve Schlumpf
12-17-2008, 4:03 PM
Wow! Very impressive work! Congrats to both of you for a job well done! Family and friends will be thrilled to get these!