PDA

View Full Version : eBay Question

Peter Stahl
12-17-2008, 1:43 PM
Anyone every order from eBay and get a message like below. I money was taken from my account but I have no way of know if the transaction went through to the buyer.

We recently learned that eBay removed the listing for the following
transaction. As a result, we have placed the transaction on hold until we
complete an investigation. We are contacting the seller to gather
additional transaction details. We will contact you once our investigation
is complete.

Rich Stewart
12-17-2008, 1:51 PM
Message a little garbled. Were you the buyer or seller? Why was money taken out of your account if you were the seller?

Peter Stahl
12-17-2008, 2:05 PM
Message a little garbled. Were you the buyer or seller? Why was money taken out of your account if you were the seller?

Rich,

I am the buyer. eBay supposedly pulled the ebay listing and Paypal put the transaction on hold but they still took the money from my account.

Don Bullock
12-17-2008, 2:15 PM
Peter, eBay does pull items for various reasons. Among those are copyright and trade mark infringements, items that may be stolen, live animals, etc. Companies also request eBay to pull items when they discover something that is being sold below the companies "advertised retail price." You might want to review the eBay site to try to figure out why the item may have been pulled. Just be careful what kind of reply, if any, that you give to that email. Often unsolicited emails from eBay are bogus and attempts to get personal information from people.

Chris Padilla
12-17-2008, 5:52 PM
Yep! Just sit tight and let the process work. I shouldn't take much longer than 24-48 hours...or at least that was how long it took when this happend to me. I forget what the item I purchased was but it wasn't for more than $100 I think. You'll get your money back or the item.

Dennis Peacock
12-17-2008, 6:08 PM
Got something like that a while back. It worked out for the good. They pulled it and I saved the money. :)

Peter Stahl
12-17-2008, 6:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. I needed to hear that from someone that went through it. Hope to hear something soon. Don't want to repeat the order with another vendor and wind up with double.

David G Baker
12-17-2008, 6:56 PM
I tried to sell some copies of Microsoft Office 97 that Ebay pulled because of something I didn't understand at the time. Guess Microsoft monitored Ebay for the type of software that I was trying to sell. Found out later that all I had to do was include some hardware with the software and the sales would have gone through. I didn't like the condition so I gave the software to friends and still use the software myself.
I haven't experienced what Peter has yet.

Peter Stahl
12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Well I got hold of Paypal by phone today and was told this payment was on hold to the vendor until I received the items. They said they were tracking it and it would be until the 30th until I could get my money back if i didn't get what I ordered. Thanks for your replies. I try to pick a US vendor with a decent rating but Liang Dong slipped one by me. Don't deal with Chinese vendors on ebay but I guess the US has it's own scammers too.

Chris Padilla
12-18-2008, 1:09 PM
...but I guess the US has it's own scammers too.

The US: a melting pot!