PDA

View Full Version : Helpfull site

Rick Lucrezi
12-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Howdy. Every once in a while I find myself with a dilema which I haven't the answer for, so like most of us these days, I do a google search. I found several answers in this forum, and so on occasion I come here when I have some down time and look over the posts to see if there is anything interesting to read. I have to say I have learned a few things.
I live in Southern Oregon near the Rouge River, I grew up in a small town of 1000 folks, family owned the auto repair shop and gas station so I started my carrer as a mechanic, joined the volunteer fire department and ended up building some wildland fire trucks before I retired from working on cars. I built three homes for my self on my own and that got me work as a home builder locally which is what I do now and have been for the last 7 years. I started collecting wood shop tools so I could improve my interior finish work and have started building some cabinets and furniture. I found that the later has really inspired me, so I have put alot of time, money and energy into a good functioning wood shop. Hence one of the main reasons for coming to this site. I am truely a novice, but I do have the patience and an eye for artitistic pieces plus I am not afraid to ask stupid questions. That being the main reason for the long post.
I hope to learn more along the way, and will probebly ask some stupid questions in the process, so I am hoping that knowing I am a relative newbie at cabinet and furniture making, any seemingly dumb question I post in the future is truely due to my desire to know something that I curently do not. Thanks in advance and off to the shop I go.

Angus Hines
12-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Welcome Rick and have fun. You have defiantly found where all the smart guys hang out.
Plus they don't mind stupid questions:rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
12-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the Creek Rick! Wade right in the water's fine!

Von Bickley
12-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Rick,

Welcome to "The Creek".....

Todd Crawford
12-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Welcome.... pretty new here myself, but I have enjoyed my time here so far. I think you'll find the crowd more than helpful!

Dewey Torres
12-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Welcome Rick. Don't concern yourself with questions being stupid. Everyone has to learn somehow. We will be here for ya. If anyone were to call you stupid in this forum, the mods would be onto them so that is very unlikely.

Creekers love pics so I hope you have a digital camera.:)

Joe Chritz
12-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Welcome. Your thread title is likely the creek's understatement of the year.

If you ever think you know enough it is time to take up something new because perspective was clearly lost somewhere.

Joe

gary Zimmel
12-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the Creek Rick!

Angus Hines
12-17-2008, 12:22 PM
:D:D Just wanted to add Rick, for $6.00 measly dollars a year you get so much more.

Be sure to contribute, If you dont know how to then find somebody with a donate link in their sig and go from there the system will walk you through.:D:D

David G Baker
12-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Welcome Rick. You sound like you will be a tremendous asset to SMC and from your experiences we may be the ones asking you the questions.
If we can't answer your questions at least we can try to entertain you. :D

kevin loftus
12-17-2008, 1:05 PM
Hi Rick, from across the "Big Creek". :)

Don Orr
12-17-2008, 1:33 PM
I'm bettin' we'll be learning a few things from you as well. Good to have you here.

Chris Padilla
12-17-2008, 1:44 PM
There are no stupid questions...only stupid people! ;) hahaha

Post away anything you like (within reason...and the T.O.S., of course) but one thing we like a lot here are PICTURES! They truly are worth a 1000 words. :D

Oh, and welcome to the "Crick"

Don Bullock
12-17-2008, 2:03 PM
Welcome Rick.

Thomas Knighton
12-17-2008, 2:24 PM
Post away anything you like (within reason...and the T.O.S., of course) but one thing we like a lot here are PICTURES!

Again, pictures should be within reason...and the T.O.S. ;)

Tom

Art Davis
12-17-2008, 2:52 PM
Hi, Rick,

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Rogue! (I live in Shady Cove).

Maybe you are the guy who can tell me where one finds good wood around here.

Art

Brian Brown
12-17-2008, 2:59 PM
Welcome Rick! This is a great place to learn, and I'm sure you will be a great asset also. You live in a beautiful place, and the salmon fishing is great too.

Rick Lucrezi
12-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Wow, Thanks forthe warm welcome`. Just got in. Late day. Been helping a buddy with a tile job. Its been 22 degrees here all day and the saw was freezing up all day. Im chilled to the bone.

Hi, Rick,

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Rogue! (I live in Shady Cove).

Maybe you are the guy who can tell me where one finds good wood around here.

Art

Well your a neighbor. Im in Grants Pass. Grew up in Williams. Wood here is a pain. I get stuff from local guys mills. Its great unless you need something right away.